1.5 issues

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Dvaltd
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Dvaltd »

Hi just bought a 1.5 2012 and been fine for a few days then the other morning struggled to start which i put down to being cold then got to traffic light both traction control and engine light on and it was hunting like mad and stinking,a few hours later,plugged code reader in and got p1089 & p0089,cleared them ,I started it but wouldnt rev so i gave it a hard couple revs and it cleared and drove normal,the next day same thing started it and needed a couple hard revs and its fine but smelly so plugged code reader in and got p154f which is pending,put some dpf cleaner in and took it on a run but now its going into limp and smells really bad ,any info please on what to check,as i need to get it back on the road thanks in advance for help

Nick_Precision
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nick_Precision »

Do you service your car regularly? When was the last time you changed your oil and filters?
It looks like you need to check fuel delivery/pressure and your VVEL system ( VVT solenoids signals and Cam shaft position sensor).
Unfortunately I can’t give any instructions, as that will be misleading.
However if you are committed to fix it yourself try using google for the fault codes, and see if your diagnostic tool can give you some live data from sensors and compare the data with the recommendations…
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta J11A
Dvaltd

Post by Dvaltd »

Thanks yeah its just been serviced,ive googled it and didn’t know where to start as the first scan i got the first 2 codes but then got a completely different code the next day,i do all my own work but always owned Vauxhalls ,my first Nissan so didn’t know if someone has had this problem before and can guide me on what to change/check
Dvaltd

Post by Dvaltd »

Had another code p0488 exhaust gas ricirculation throttle position control range/performance which is now 4 different code related to power train
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

P1089 - fuel pump - unable to achieve requested rail pressure, probably due to a blockage and lack of servicing, but could also be caused by fuel pump, vacuum pump on fuel pump, the primer bulb cracked, fuel filter, injectors, volume control valve.

P0089 - fuep pressure issue, would change the fuel filter to start with if system persists then check your getting good low pressure to the high pressure pump if thats good get an injector leak off test done to see if an injector is dumping the rail pressure if thats good get the high pressure checked

P154f - not in the manual

P153f - I know this isn't what you've posted but I see this alot this dtc is due to oil dilution the ECM has calculated the engine oil is diluted over 10% with diesel due to the amount of dpf regenerations its performed, when this code is set dpf regenerations are prohibited to stop further dilution, if the oil isn't replaced then the service light reset then the dpf will clog up and after a certain point will require replacing.

P0488- high pressure egr valve position range/performance
The high pressure egr valve is unable to achieve the position requested by the ecm this can be because the valve is stuck, the motor is defective, the position sensor is defective or the harness is shorted or open circuit

Hope this helps

If it was me I'd reset the service light first as I bet thats on dont worry about changing oil yet until you've sorted other issues just reset the light so ECM thinks you've done an oil change to get rid of the p153f then tackle the fuel pressure issue possibly the fuel filter then move on to the egr fault which will require some knowledge on how to remove and test after thats sorted check the soot loading in the dpf and make sure it is doing a regen on its own if its higher than 28g it should start on its own providing theres no faults in the system and service light isn't on you can check its doing it by live data as the dpf temp will hit around 500 to 600 degrees where it normally lives around 200 300 degrees