Advice on cvt auto

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Mr_FX
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Mr_FX »

Hi All

Can members with QQ Auto any problems and what they like as all i see is problems on the net and i have odered a new QQ but thinking now i should of ordered Manuel.

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

"i have odered a new QQ "
If it is the J12 Qashqai NEW CVT I guess you should more than be fine.
I ordered the J12 with MT6, but the sales person told me that was a big mistake since the new QQ J12 Xtronic/CVT cars would drive like a dream, better than any MT car ever would.
However, what I did read about CVTs -in general- is that CVTs should be maintained properly (*in time*, exact rather expensive oil ... by expert dealers to be sure...).
This supposedly applies not only to Nissan cars but, according to what I read, also a.o. for vehicles from Toyota ...
I wouldn't worry about it, I do worry more about having pre-ordered the J12 without ever having driven one or worse ... read about any drive-test of it !
Mr_FX

Post by Mr_FX »

I had a j11 manual loved it thats why i have waited got a preview today and ordered.
Mr_FX

Post by Mr_FX »

I had a j11 manual loved it thats why i have waited got a preview today and ordered. I did say when they get demo auto in and i don't like itvi will be cancelling my order
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mr_FX, I have been digging in on this subject of CVT’s and it does appear that the new QQ J12 is getting the New CVT D-Step which is already being used in the US at present in the Rogue. We have a DCT Box at present which is great and was also concerned on the CVT change back. Our Sales Guy has driven the new CVT and reckons it is faster than the DCT, so its looking good. Take a look at the attachment it might help you - Dave 😉
** This question of a Servicing is not new, buying a car is like a second mortgage and it should be looked after and that means ALL Servicing Oil, Filters etc......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10811
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

What happened tonight with Fulham ? I get fed up hearing all about Bayern Munich out here, still following ManU - Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

You write that you can cancel your order, but did you sign that order?
I don't think I have that option!?
Being first is always a risk I'm afraid, but as they say "no risk, no fun"
I do realize though that I should never have bought a car I did not take for a drive first, that would have been the the normal thing to do, but that is not who I am I guess :-)
The Nissan Qashqai will be my next car... after having driven Toyota and Mazda... I hope the qashqai will compete favorably with those other great Japanese models ... won't be easy, but the looks of the new QQ Tekna plus made me forget... I was not even planning to buy a new car!
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Have a look at the dates when there was a problem with CVT gear boxes, most were pre 2013. I have driven a Mercedes B Class CVT box 112k miles and currently drive a 2014 J11 with CVT and as yet no problems. All I will say is that the auto fluid does need changing regularly, Nissan say 54k miles on J11 box, but personally I would be looking at nearer 40k miles. Oh, and I tow a caravan a few times a year.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.