68 Plate N connecta EML

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Ronny152
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Ronny152 »

Bought our 68 plate n connecta 18000 miles in September 2020 and have recently had the amber engine malfunction light come on. Its still under warranty at Lookers, so they plugged it in and swapped a temperature sensor which they said was the reason for the light. That fault seemed to clear but now the lights on again this time they say they have changed a pump to no avail and seem to be stumped with what to do next. They have been in contact with Nissan technical support and are unsure if its a fault with the ECU. I'm glad its still under warranty, has anyone else had this type of issue with this age model?

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Is this diesel or petrol?

Was there a fault affecting the car...if so what was it?

I have a late 67 N Connecta at a slightly lower mileage and so far nothing as yours.

Nissan diagnostics list a considerable amount of performance info regarding most faults. ECU data/parameters is vast. And has general/auto test equipment to pick up any anomalies.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I just had my thermostat replaced on a 19 plate. I did not have any dashboard lights though, just a temp gauge that was showing low engine temps. They also were initially unsure what my issue was and also, as a 1st attempt, replaced the engine temperature sensor. It had no effect obviously, hence the thermostat change. The point here is a bad thermostat isn't immediately obvious to their diagnostics.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Pandjh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:08 am I just had my thermostat replaced on a 19 plate. I did not have any dashboard lights though, just a temp gauge that was showing low engine temps. They also were initially unsure what my issue was and also, as a 1st attempt, replaced the engine temperature sensor. It had no effect obviously, hence the thermostat change. The point here is a bad thermostat isn't immediately obvious to their diagnostics.
P0217/P1217 ENGINE OVER TEMPERATURE lists all cooling system components in a stepwise procedure. They could refer to that instead of being unsure?

Under temp error not listed in diagnostics but is discussed a great deal in combustion etc info. Idle setpoint and for various loads

Under temp engine fault likely rough/rich running? I'd be surprised these days if the ECU didn't complain about that at some point. Might show up in MOT emissions test?

Perhaps for diagnostics to lead them by the hand they need to list such a fault somewhere?

And I suppose as a fault "under temperature" is not classed as either critical or catastrophic.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta