NSF window issue, help/advice sought.

Bodywork & Interior problems
Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Squashy2 »

Hi guy's,
As per topic title I'm looking for any advice/help.
Yesterday morning whilst cleaning the cars windows, the NSF window went down ok for the first couple of inches, then tilted/dropped forward about 1/4 inch and very slowly went down, when I put it back up it was extremely slow until it reached the last few inches, then the glass straightened up and normal upward speed until closed. I've tried it again several times since and same results? There is no unusual electric motor noise present, sounds normal apart from the slow movement and the strange tilt.
Has anyone had this issue with either a QQ or other make?
I'm going to contact the Dealership on Monday to ask if the window mechanism is covered under my Warranty, and ideally would like to go armed with as much information on what may be causing this from you guys if possible.
Thanks in advance.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

sounds like the glass has detached from the slide at the bottom
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Assuming you're still on the original three-year warranty it must surely be covered. Clearly something's gone amiss in the mechanism as suggested above. Can't recall anyone else suffering the same issue.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Thank you guys, I have a Nissan Extended Warranty, tbh they have fixed multiple faults under this, replaced the battery, aircon regas, two door actuators, various climate control motors/pipes etc so hoping that this is a quick and easy fix.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Squashy2 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:30 pm Thank you guys, I have a Nissan Extended Warranty, tbh they have fixed multiple faults under this, replaced the battery, aircon regas, two door actuators, various climate control motors/pipes etc so hoping that this is a quick and easy fix.
Car is booked in at Nissan this coming Monday, they think going by the description I gave at the service department desk that they know what the fault is, but will know more after they have stripped the door and had a thorough investigation. Could be something as simple as a broken plastic clip/slider or the motor mechanism is at fault, either way it's getting done under warranty :)
While I'm there I'm also asking them to look at the climate control too, the fan has developed a life of its own?
Whilst sat on the rail way station car park waiting for the Mrs train during Christmas, the car interior fogged up, started the engine, turned climate control up to 30° and full fan speed (not aircon) ran fine for about a minute or two then no fan, all bars showing on the display?
No heat through any of the vents.
Turned climate control off, then on. Full bars still showing but no fan? Turned the volume down to 16° and manually adjusted the fan speed to two bars and everything worked? Cranked up the heat to 25° and fan to full power, again no fan or heat? Turned the ignition off, waiting a couple of minutes, back on and voila, everything working again.
It has happened once more but this time it was a little more serious, whilst travelling on the M9 from Glasgow, late evening and dark. Suddenly the car fogged up, no fan again and had to pull over, frightened Mrs Sqaushy as the windscreen was a total white out!
Luckily the fan did start to work again shortly and car was safely driven the rest of the way home.
Another strange issue, just this week when going over rough roads there is an occasional metal on metal clunk, sounds not too dissimilar to when you go over a loose manhole cover?
Doesn't happen all the time and when it does it appears to come from both the front and/or rear of the car?
And it's not just relatively deep holes/road rash that cause the sound, it has happened when going over relatively smooth but uneven surfaces? And before someone asks, no I haven't just gone over a loose manhole cover :?
I'm guessing that something is loose/broken under the car? Exhuast/heat shield and hopefully nothing serious.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The Fan has a digital controller. Which is basically a semiconductor array with heat sink in a module. Is easily changed and is often thought on this site to be the cause of such fan problems. However, other electrical problems may exist...like wiring and power supply.

They likely suffer excess heat generation problems in operation. Something that semiconductors of all flavours don't like.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
porkawalker
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by porkawalker »

Hi OP, did you get a resolution? I have the same fault on the drivers side and passenger side within a week of each other.