[SOLVED] Change clock on dash monitor without original stereo

ICE, Equipment, Options
qwertymz
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by qwertymz »

Hi,

I recently got Halfords (UK) to replace my Connect unit with an aftermarket Pioneer on a 2014 Qashqai - but even though I have steering wheel control, the clock on the dash display doesn't auto-update :(

Is there a way I can reset the clock, hide it and/or set it without the original stereo? If not, I may just need strategic black tape.

Thanks.
Last edited by qwertymz on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qwertymz

Post by qwertymz »

Dunno how much interest there was in the topic, but this is now solved.

Use the dashboard monitor to navigate to Music. Make sure you're in Aux (use the stereo for this step if necessary).

On the steering wheel, hold ENTER for 8 seconds. If successful, the dashboard monitor should now read "Set Time". Use << SKIP >> to do this. Press Enter again to save the time.

Hope this helps!
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I didn't respond because I didn't know. Glad to see you've somehow worked it out.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Skyline7509

Post by Skyline7509 »

qwertymz wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:22 pm Dunno how much interest there was in the topic, but this is now solved.

Use the dashboard monitor to navigate to Music. Make sure you're in Aux (use the stereo for this step if necessary).

On the steering wheel, hold ENTER for 8 seconds. If successful, the dashboard monitor should now read "Set Time". Use << SKIP >> to do this. Press Enter again to save the time.

Hope this helps!
Hi qwertymz,

I just installed an aftermarket new head unit Pioneer Z2250BT, and also installed a can bus for the steering wheel controls. I faced the problem as you... the dashboard clock does not auto-update.... and when I tried to adjust the time in the dashboard display, it prompted me to set the time in the head unit. The problem is I couldn't set the dashboard time via the head unit.

You mentioned use the dashboard monitor to navigate to Music. May I know how to do it? I can't find any "music" in the dashboard display. Could you elaborate more on this? Thank you very much in advance.
qwertymz

Post by qwertymz »

Skyline7509 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:05 pm
qwertymz wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:22 pm Dunno how much interest there was in the topic, but this is now solved.

Hope this helps!
Hi qwertymz,

I just installed an aftermarket new head unit Pioneer Z2250BT, and also installed a can bus for the steering wheel controls. I faced the problem as you... the dashboard clock does not auto-update.... and when I tried to adjust the time in the dashboard display, it prompted me to set the time in the head unit. The problem is I couldn't set the dashboard time via the head unit.

You mentioned use the dashboard monitor to navigate to Music. May I know how to do it? I can't find any "music" in the dashboard display. Could you elaborate more on this? Thank you very much in advance.

Sorry, I meant audio! If you don’t have it try looking in settings/display/content selection. Let me know how you get on!
Skyline7509

Post by Skyline7509 »

Hi qwertymz,

I didn't manage to find the "audio" in the settings/display/content selection. There's no "audio" for me to choose. But I found a way to set the time. I make use of the Factory Reset in the display setting to "manually synchronize" with the head unit to its correct time. The time will reset to 1 o'clock when the button is pressed. I wait till the actual time reach 1 o'clock then pressed the factory reset button. and yes! finally the time is synchronized :)

Anyway, thanks for the advice.
moldermarcos

Post by moldermarcos »

Hi,

Just found a solution. Go to aux screen, keep pressing “source “ in the steering wheel for 10 sec. Then you change the clock with the up and down of the steering wheel.

Let me know if that worked