Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
Andyb1967
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Andyb1967 »

Have a 15 plate Qashqai and was quoted £1500 to replace on my extended warranty. Having searched the issue and having found this site have investigated more. Long story short, visited my dealer today and have been offered a free upgrade which will sort out the issue. It’s obvious that Nissan know about this issue but are not forthcoming in sorting it out.

Cdny

Post by Cdny »

Had my 605 update done about 2 weeks ago for free. Been perfect since
andybishop
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by andybishop »

My Wife took her Juke into Nissan a couple of weeks ago and they updated the head-unit to D605, not had any problems yet, fingers crossed it’s sorted!
Groovejet

Post by Groovejet »

Hi guys. Glad I found this page! We have a 2016 Qasqai bought a couple of months ago. No problems at all with it until after we docked at Dover following a European trip 2 days ago. Thought we were going crazy when the Bluetooth music connection started cutting out and then the system started rebooting itself. Having read the responses here I’m hoping an update will do the trick (we also have a full warranty with the dealer who re sold us the car). Can I ask - is it generally better to try and speak to Nissan HO before going to a dealer to try and get some sort of confirmation in writing of the issue? We didn’t buy from a Nissan dealer so just working out the best way of getting this sorted.

Thanks!
Dragstar

Post by Dragstar »

Had the Updated software version D605 installed around 3months ago now working fine no issues at all very pleased
2014 Qashqai Accenta Premium 1.5DCI, Gunmetal Paintwork, Crossover Pack, Pan Roof,Bonnet Strut Kit, sidebars, and a Bit of Chrome :D
2011 Audi TT Quattro Roadster Volcano Red (Pearl}
2012 Vauxhall VXR GTC Arden Blue
2012 Vauxhall GTC 140 SRi
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Groovejet wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:50 am Hi guys. Glad I found this page! We have a 2016 Qasqai bought a couple of months ago. No problems at all with it until after we docked at Dover following a European trip 2 days ago. Thought we were going crazy when the Bluetooth music connection started cutting out and then the system started rebooting itself. Having read the responses here I’m hoping an update will do the trick (we also have a full warranty with the dealer who re sold us the car). Can I ask - is it generally better to try and speak to Nissan HO before going to a dealer to try and get some sort of confirmation in writing of the issue? We didn’t buy from a Nissan dealer so just working out the best way of getting this sorted.

Thanks!
Nissan know of the problem and have updated the Connecta box software recently.

A Nissan dealer (not all) may attempt to charge you quite a sum. You probably need to ask Nissan HQ and see if you can get a task reference. That means Nissan will foot the dealer bill really.

Its certainly very strange that its happening at Dover...again? Although it has occurred elsewhere more often. If you speak to Nissan HQ you can ask them whats so special about Dover and that you are aware it happens elsewhere...often. We here would like to know.

Earlier solution post here:

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=70184#p70184
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Groovejet

Post by Groovejet »

calnorth wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:03 am
Groovejet wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:50 am Hi guys. Glad I found this page! We have a 2016 Qasqai bought a couple of months ago. No problems at all with it until after we docked at Dover following a European trip 2 days ago. Thought we were going crazy when the Bluetooth music connection started cutting out and then the system started rebooting itself. Having read the responses here I’m hoping an update will do the trick (we also have a full warranty with the dealer who re sold us the car). Can I ask - is it generally better to try and speak to Nissan HO before going to a dealer to try and get some sort of confirmation in writing of the issue? We didn’t buy from a Nissan dealer so just working out the best way of getting this sorted.

Thanks!
Nissan know of the problem and have updated the Connecta box software recently.

A Nissan dealer (not all) may attempt to charge you quite a sum. You probably need to ask Nissan HQ and see if you can get a task reference. That means Nissan will foot the dealer bill really.

Its certainly very strange that its happening at Dover...again? Although it has occurred elsewhere more often. If you speak to Nissan HQ you can ask them whats so special about Dover and that you are aware it happens elsewhere...often. We here would like to know.

Earlier solution post here:

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=70184#p70184
Thank you. Yes will do. I was happy enough to find the same thing was happening to other people and then when I read about the potential Dover connection it was bizarre! It was absolutely fine up u until then and throughout Europe. Interestingly when it reset the satnav always resumed still thinking we were in Dunkirk. I’m convinced there is a location element in this. I had a 17 plate bmw before this and it would reset itself too, but randomly only around Birmingham? We live in Lincolnshire and it was always fine elsewhere on the commute.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The questionable bit is the reboot part. I see the DAB receiver in that, as DAB often drops out where obstacles reduce signal quality. DAB causes the reboot because it crashes the running system. It's likely the DAB receiver is always running in the background for Traffic stuff anyway..

Dover and similar places are loaded with various Radio/Radar/Sat systems employing transmitters that should not interfere with Commercial Radio/TV by law. There are others here and there that disrupt key ignition systems...illegal radiation. OfCom in UK is supposed to manage/regulate this stuff?

A Theory:
So when the software update is installed DAB drop outs will continue I'd expect. It'll be interesting to know how the DAB radio behaves because I think they may have corrected control of that in the update to detect/predict a potential system crash. Something that should have existed originally?

I suppose with the Sat/Nav initialising in an old position (Dunkirk) shows that the system is starting after boot from an old reference point in memory and the GPS is not initialising/updating fast enough? Messy.

I lived outside Spalding and cursed the RAF jets sometimes. I had been in the RAF at Coningsby before that and they drove me nuts in the middle of the night, but I was paid for that...sort of?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Groovejet

Post by Groovejet »

calnorth wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:13 pm The questionable bit is the reboot part. I see the DAB receiver in that, as DAB often drops out where obstacles reduce signal quality. DAB causes the reboot because it crashes the running system. It's likely the DAB receiver is always running in the background for Traffic stuff anyway..

Dover and similar places are loaded with various Radio/Radar/Sat systems employing transmitters that should not interfere with Commercial Radio/TV by law. There are others here and there that disrupt key ignition systems...illegal radiation. OfCom in UK is supposed to manage/regulate this stuff?

A Theory:
So when the software update is installed DAB drop outs will continue I'd expect. It'll be interesting to know how the DAB radio behaves because I think they may have corrected control of that in the update to detect/predict a potential system crash. Something that should have existed originally?

I suppose with the Sat/Nav initialising in an old position (Dunkirk) shows that the system is starting after boot from an old reference point in memory and the GPS is not initialising/updating fast enough? Messy.

I lived outside Spalding and cursed the RAF jets sometimes. I had been in the RAF at Coningsby before that and they drove me nuts in the middle of the night, but I was paid for that...sort of?
Haha. My other half is one of the people flying those around at night (and in the day). I frequently ask him if he has to be so noisy!

Will try and get in touch with Nissan HO tomorrow - it’s driving me mad. Noticed there are no drop outs on FM so certainly a DAB/Bluetooth issue.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Adds up.... Groovejet. I was on F4 Simulators for 8 years. Big noise from QRA and expected of course (like 3 am stuff). Colleagues of mine are working with MoD on the FGR4 (software systems safety). Think they are camped out at the Petwood...tough times?

FM and DAB perform completely differently. FM will hiss a lot and not stop/restart. DAB is designed to cut off/drop out but not boot/restart the whole system. Digital TV (DTV) behaves similarly and you might see pixilation (coloured small blocks) and black out when the incoming TV signal is weakening below a prescribed level.

Anyway hope things go well with Nissan.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta