Parking sensor system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
andyneouk

Post by andyneouk »

Hi guys,

I have a 2014 J11 Acenta premium. Its been fairly solid - front parking sensors were replaced when I first got it, got a new ac unit as well. Unfortunately it is now out of warranty (Oct last year I think) and I have now got a new problem.

When I got in the car the other day and started her up, the parking sensor switch was flashing. I then seen a message flash up on screen saying parking sensor system fault. I toggled the switch but as soon as I stick it in reverse I get the warning and flashing light. This seems to disable the sensors. The rear reversing cam is fine. I have since discovered that if I go into settings and disable the rear sensors the alarm clears and front sensors function fine.

Any ideas before I put it in to the dealers which will no doubt cost a fortune haha.

Thanks.
Andy.

madcow
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by madcow »

Bump to andyneouk's original post. My QQ has the same problem. Does anyone have similar sensor problem & know of a fix. As andy states the cameras still work but the sensors do not.

So total opposite of the usual sensor problem where are over active & go off for no reason at all !

Thanks madcow
Gel

Post by Gel »

Guys before starting new threads always use the SEARCH box in TOP LEFT corner of this page; lots of previous
threads on this issue.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
madcow

Post by madcow »

Gel, I can't find a post & resolution to this type problem using the search feature. It is not the usual parking/reversing sensor fault. Hence my bump of andy's thread

Cheers madcow
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I can't find anything either. It does sound like a problem with the rear sensor control unit but I haven't a clue where it is. Might be just a corroded connector?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Corroded connection, dirty rear camera, or indeed any of the surround cameras! Trial by elimination, other than that its off to your Nissan dealership, or live with the problem.
madcow

Post by madcow »

All I've done so far is to clean off all the sensors & cameras, to no avail. I had noticed the reversing beeper/sounder that sounds like it was coming from the passenger side trim area of the boot, over recent months had sounded like it was getting "tinny" & on it's way out. I don't know if this is the same as someone else described as "underwater" in another thread.

Thanks for the suggestions I will have a go working round each sensor/camera. Can anyone confirm where the rear sounder/beeper is?

Thanks madcow
madcow

Post by madcow »

I found the rear sounder/beeper, it is located behind the plastic trim inside the boot on the left hand side above where the boot light is located. Any ideas how to test it?

In settings of the car on the central screen of the speedo/rev counter I have found that you can disable the front & rear sensors independently. When I disable the rear sensors the sensors at the front end of the car work correctly. So I think my issue is in the rear half of the car. This may help some at least get part of their system functioning again.

Does anyone know of an easy way to access the rear sensors without taking the whole bumper, light assemblies & when arches off? Does the black underskirt/valance detach from the painted part of the rear bumper?

Cheers Madcow
AlieLeite
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by AlieLeite »

Hi..according to me those sensors get hit by rocks, sometimes it visible, sometimes not. There isn't a calibration or reset for them. If you take a close look at them you might see a little tiny indent in one of them. They should be perfectly smooth.

seo services
madcow

Post by madcow »

Thanks Alie I'll take a very close look. I have just been running with the rear sensors disabled over the past month, just using the graduated lines on the camera. Not ideal but usable. Would like to get it sorted before I sell it though.

Cheers Madcow