Serious CPU/System errors

ICE, Equipment, Options
Domski

Post by Domski »

2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5 DCi Tekna

Our car has just gone back to the garage for the 3rd time in 7 days after having had to be brought back home to Leeds on the back of a tow truck from a weekend away in the Cotswolds.

Errors it's displaying are:

Stop/Start System Fault
Low Oil Pressure
Service Due (Had one less than 2 weeks ago)
Collission Detection
Key System Fault

So far they've tried cleaning the earths and drilling a small hole in the front sensor housing in case it was retaining moisture.

Both RAC guys we've had out when it's refused to start have said it's a know problem with the earths on Qashqai's and the earth isn't working correctly causing the various on board computers to not communicate correctly with the main CPU which then falsely reports errors. Not much comfort when you've no idea if the bloody thing is going to have a thrombie at any moment.

We called a tow truck this morning to take it the final leg to the garage and of course when it arrived it started. It's our only car and my wife's mode of transport so not happy about her not being able to rely on it.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Dom

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

A few people have had shall we say 'catastrophic electrical issues' similar to yours in the past. Most don't report back, but common theme of the past was a loose earth on the battery (first I have heard about iffy earth points but it could cause some weird and wonderful issues....)

It could also be a problem with the control units themselves or wiring somewhere (I think we had one member report a mouse had chewed through some wiring which caused similar issues)
Domski

Post by Domski »

So the car has been with the garage for over a week now and we've had a call to say they've replaced a wiring loom that had a faulty connector and is now okay. We're picking it up tomorrow so fingers crossed.
kimcrazy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by kimcrazy »

Hi, just saw your post from a few years back.
My car is currently in a Nissan garage with exactly the same issue and same faults you described.
Mines is a 2016 Qashqai tecna.
At the moment Nissan master tech cant find fault, they have run a diagnostic test and came back fine so putting it down to a possible split in a wire (needle in a haystack)
My car isn’t under warranty and there charging £90 an hour.
Car lost all power on motorway last weekend whilst in with two kids, luckily I was in left lane and was able to pull straight over god knows what would have been like in lane 3, it came up the low oil pressure issue and has never started again.
Had to get recovered home, then recovered to Nissan dealer. This was Tuesday now Friday and they still Hackney found fault.
This is going to cost me a fortune but I’m wondering if this is a possible common Nissan fault as I have seen in a few forums that Nissan wiring is rubbish.
This is not due to human error considering was driving on a motorway at 70 mph at the time.

Does anyone know if I can fight Nissan for this?
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum - and thanks for searching first but it probably makes sense to respond in the new one you've made:

viewtopic.php?p=87189#p87189
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)