Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

So that massive radiator on the right (and also the large picture) is the one for air con ? I thought it should be the smaller one on the left ?

The smaller one is the one that the technician zoomed in on the eVision video they emailed me but it was very fast.

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The smaller one is the intercooler. The condenser and radiator appear to form a sandwich. The entire rad pack is surprisingly compact.

rad01.jpg

rad02.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Houndie, have you started a Spare Parts Business ? :lol: That is a nice information photo, the black marks were similiar to what they found on our Condenser regarding the leakage - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

Thanks for the picture Hound. That's nice and clear and gives a good sense of scale (which pictures of individual parts don't do).

So is there no traditional engine radiator then ? It would seem the large fan isn't for cooling the engine radiator unless it's behind the air con condenser ?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Surely its the intercooler (smaller one) that is the heat exchanger/ condenser for the aircon. I cant see how the normal large radiator plays any part in the aircon at all. Water in the radiator and refrigerant in the intercooler/condenser.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, good point made, I am just assuming what is stated for the parts is the correct terminology, but if not then every seller has got their Terminology wrong. Just for example this is the "Intercooler" you mentioned but the larger one was the so cooled "Condenser" that was changed on our QQ as I actually saw it - Dave ;)

IMG_2102.PNG

IMG_2103.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

gvmdaddy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:07 am Surely its the intercooler (smaller one) that is the heat exchanger/ condenser for the aircon. I cant see how the normal large radiator plays any part in the aircon at all. Water in the radiator and refrigerant in the intercooler/condenser.
Glad its not just me then !

I only looked at the smaller radiator as I thought that was the one to be replaced. It had a few black marks on it but it was hard to tell what it was (maybe just 3 years worth of dirt ?). I didn't even think to look at the large radiator because I thought that was just for engine cooling and had the large fan on the back as its been on every other car I have ever owned (even ones without air con).

Bit disappointed not to have seen the larger (condenser) before they swapped it. Would have been interesting to see how bad it was.

My air con failed over a long period (12-14 months) so I am surprised that even with a small hole it lasted that long especially with it being under pressure (1 bar I think).
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Does the new style gas, from factory, come with the green dye? When I had a leak on the J10 I could shine an ultra violet light into the engine bay at night and see the green dye splattered all over near the leak, but it was invisible to the naked eye.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The condenser and radiator "sandwich".

Capture3.JPG

The condenser assembly and associated cooling components...

Capture1.JPG

...and the radiator and intercooler.

Capture2.JPG

No spare parts emporium or special knowledge I'm afraid Dave! :(
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Houndie, you are good I have been looking everywhere and found nothing. That will be copied later as that explains it - Thanks Dave :)