After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
Squash

Post by Squash »

For those who wants a bit more from their car, here is an after market double DIN unit w/ Android that might interest you. There is 1 left for the crazy price of $189.00 + shipping for OctaCore and it includes the following:
  • OctaCore
    2GB DDR3
    16G FLASH
    Capacitive Touch
    GPS Navigation
    Bluetooth(BT)
    FM/AM radio
    Rear View Camera
    Steering Wheel Key
    It can connect Iphone + Android for music via BT
    Mirror capability for Android/ In progress for mirroring Iphone
Best luck!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/inda ... 12679152#/

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Not much use without DAB radio.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Squash

Post by Squash »

F1 Bob wrote:Not much use without DAB radio.
You can download any app and listen to any DAB radio.
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

Using your databundle for dab audio is madness.
DAB+ needs special hardware and it's impossible to receive the signal by android apps. You can use an app to receive a dab station via your data connection but that's not DAB+
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

10" touchscreen anyone? :D

http://www.tomtop.com/101-inch-hd-digit ... oCJSHw_wcB

I'd like an Android system (or "Andriod" as they call it) but it doesn't look like it supports the 360° cameras.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Squash

Post by Squash »

QQ013 wrote:Using your databundle for dab audio is madness.
...... You can use an app to receive a dab station via your data connection.....
Isn't the goal to listen to DAB station?
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I would not use up my data bundle to listen to DAB when I can do it for free via the Connect. This is why I always look for a car fitted with DAB.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
HgtDave
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by HgtDave »

I have just installed a Dasaita V840 Android 8.0 head unit with 10.2 inch IPS 1024x600 screen 4Gb Ram and 32Gb Rom, it’s advertised as a X-Trail unit on EBay. It’s a direct replacement for the Connect LCN2 unit and maintains steering wheel button functions and 360 camera, gloss black surround.

I have installed this in a 2015 Tekna 1.6 Dig-T with 360 cameras and Auto Climate Control.

I’m still in the process of bedding down the installation waiting for the DAB+ dongle and connecting cable so I can use the OEM roof aerial, setting up the Home Page and apps.

What I can tell you so far is this:

The pros
• Screen is big, very big and totally usable
• Installation is plug and play with regard to the wiring harnesses, can bus and is pain free
• Sound quality is far superior to the LCN and has a brilliant amp equaliser
• Extra FAKRA to SMA cables (2) are required to utilise the existing roof aerial and GSP antenna
• External DAB receiver is required as it’s not built in to the HU. No DAB in China! (Yet to install, will report back later)
• I have replaced the installed Igo sat nav app with Sygic as it has offline maps and is very good. I’ve replaced the supplied 8Gb micro sim with a 32Gb card to install all my music and maps.
• Full Google Play support for additional apps
• Wi-Fi and Bluetooth supported, tether your mobile for Internet access on the move, or install a 4G data dongle.
• Door open legend on screen
• Radio frequency is repeated on the small screen on the instrument panel
• All steering wheel buttons work as expected, including vol up down, next previous

The cons
• Steering wheel button ‘Handset up’ opens the Bluetooth phone app and doesn’t initiate Google Voice. I’m using FCC Launcher which has a Google Voice soft button on screen, I just press that, it’s easy as its top right on the screen.
• Same SWB will not accept an incoming call, you must press the on screen button.
• Sat nav next turn is not repeated on the instrument panel display
• No AUX support but I can’t see the necessity for it with an Android HU
• As yet I have no way of initiating the 360 camera manually, but I’m working on it

The reason I went down this road is the LCN is a bit of a dog. It’s slow, unresponsive, sounds rubbish, sat nav is so out of date it’s nearly unusable and worst of all is that they want best part of £110 a year for map updates. You can currently get Sygic Premium Europe for change out of £10, for life and four updates per year. You only install the map regions you wish to use.
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Sounds great, but...

:)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Makes you want a touchscreen matching AC control beneath!

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)