Radio randomly stopping / crashing

ICE, Equipment, Options
Wombleman

Post by Wombleman »

I have exactly the same problem (brand new Tekna), constant crashing and rebooting after Nissan logo, I've been calling it the Nissan Logo Of Death (NLOD), perhaps it'll catch on and who knows might even prompt Nissan to do something about it.I have D205 - 031.It crashes so frequently now that the Nav and radio is basically useless, I leave everything off and use my iPhone stuck to the screen. FYI, resetting everything back to factory defaults (using the menu option to do so), will work for a short period of time I've found.
Wombleman2015-03-04 17:53:12
Tekna

pal

Post by pal »

Hi all
After all the problems with my
Qashqai (10 Months ).
After the Mk1 the mark to is load
of junk .Nissan UK don't want to know
so mine going end of the month
take care all.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

[quote="Wombleman"]I have exactly the same problem (brand new Tekna), constant crashing and rebooting after Nissan logo, I've been calling it the Nissan Logo Of Death (NLOD), perhaps it'll catch on and who knows might even prompt Nissan to do something about it.I have D205 - 031.It crashes so frequently now that the Nav and radio is basically useless, I leave everything off and use my iPhone stuck to the screen. FYI, resetting everything back to factory defaults (using the menu option to do so), will work for a short period of time I've found.
[/QUOTE]
Send Nissan a Tweet outlining issue; that'll get the attention of their HO.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Wombleman

Post by Wombleman »

[quote="Gel"]Send Nissan a Tweet outlining issue; that'll get the attention of their HO.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Tekna
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

I have heard today from Nissan that a new software update will be available next week. Apparently in some areas DAB signals are so numerous that the car system cannot handle their input and the system crashes and then re-boots itself. The new software has been designed to cope with the increased signal capacity and thus ensure more reliable performance from the Audio unit. I will keep you posted. Tufty
Wombleman

Post by Wombleman »

Thanks, makes sense it's related to DAB signal, it does throw a complete wobbler if I dare to drive through a tunnel (resulting in signal loss), it rebooted in a almost constant loop on the drive home tonight after I got cocky and turned on the radio.
Tekna
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

There is an area in the town where I live that both DAB andFM go in and out as your driving thru though DAB is significantly worse. This is down to signal strength air interruption caused by another source. As a result I rarely use DAB
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

My DAB is pretty hopeless by me, OK in City Centres. Radio 1 keeps switching from DAB to FM then back again. If and when new software is released do you need to go to the dealers for an update or can it be one over the air / USB?
duncho

Post by duncho »

villawoz: Until BOSCH fixes issue with DAB decoding which messes up the whole NC unit, you can switch DAB to FM handover OFF. I'm afraid however, that it won't bring any satisfactory results if audio keeps dropping while tunned to FM.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Thanks, just found the hidden menu and my software is D024 which I presume isn't the latest one? I didn't try the 'Update System Software' link above it, presume this can only be done at the dealers? Best to wait until the update mentioned above is available next week?