Radio randomly stopping / crashing

ICE, Equipment, Options
Swissheavy

Post by Swissheavy »

Hi all

Has anyone had this problem? I am driving along, following a sat nav route and listening to radio 2. Suddenly the sound from the radio dies. Sat nav still working. Radio unresponsive. The only way to cure it is to press and hold the radio off button to restart everything.

Any known cure?

Other than this, car continues to troop on. Very comfortable 300 mile drive today. Same again tomorrow!!

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Are you listening to DAB or AM/FM?Could be if it's DAB that you are moving in and out of signal and the off/on just forces it to re-scan?
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

This has been posted and commented on at least twice previously. It is a known fault and waiting for a software upgrade from Bosch. It happens on FM.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Yep, more than likely software patch needed. Find the hidden menu and post up your connect version on here and we can tell you if one is needed.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Yes I've had occasionally.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Swissheavy

Post by Swissheavy »

Ah fair dos. No idea what software map I'm on. It would be nice to be cured as it's not helpful at all.

Sorry, did a search for related topics and couldn't find any.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Check the software version by following the steps:1. press and hold SETUP button2. simultaneously turn ZOOM knob counter clockwise to 9 o'clock3. now turn the knob clockwise to 3 o'clock4. and again turn it back (counter clockwise) to 9 o'clock...follow the screen to check the software version and post it here
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Stevethegreatgolfer

I don't think that anyone could have the necessary software update as it hasn't been released yet, unless my dealer is being deliberately obstructive, which is highly unlikely.
pal

Post by pal »

Been released to day dealer done my DAB now rubbish
Stevethegreatgolfer

Is it the long-awaited Bosch release, or an older fix that doesn't work. I'll ask my dealer on Monday.