Tekna heated seats

ICE, Equipment, Options
cyclonebri1

Post by cyclonebri1 »

Hi guys.Took delivery of a new 1.6dci tekna last week. How good are the heated seats in yours.In perspective every car I've been in has had heaters that can on within seconds and were very effective. They needed turning off within a few minutes.Mine, on low heat aren't discernable, I get the impression my backside id heating the seat not the other way round.And on high I can just tell they are on. They are that poor that even on high you forget that they are switched on. Also, is there a pressure switch in the seat?, is it or is it not possible to switch the engine on on a freezing winters morning and have the seats ready heated on entry.Yes, it will be going back, just a little to busy at the mo.Cheers.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Welcome along, sorry to hear of your issues. Hopefully it's a quick fix.
VovaTuf

Post by VovaTuf »

[quote="cyclonebri1"]Mine, on low heat aren't discernable, I get the impression my backside id heating the seat not the other way round.And on high I can just tell they are on. They are that poor that even on high you forget that they are switched on. Also, is there a pressure switch in the seat?, is it or is it not possible to switch the engine on on a freezing winters morning and have the seats ready heated on entry[/QUOTE]I have a good seat warm (qashqai 2008). After a few minutes have off as I'm afraid to be roasted The pressure switch seems absent. But without the person's seat will not heat up, as heating element will not be leaned against the surface without the pressure of the body.
Fired iron Cat(Qashqai) 2008 Navi-Pack 2.0l petrol 4WD CVT
cyclonebri1

Post by cyclonebri1 »

Maybe I should have bought the Siberian version .I wasn't or rather still am not sure about there being a pressure switch or not, the service dept said there was, I can't see why there would be.In contrast to yours, I could and infact have, left the drivers seat heated for days without even noticing I'd forgot to turn it off.
VovaTuf

Post by VovaTuf »

[quote="cyclonebri1"]I could and infact have, left the drivers seat heated for days without even noticing I'd forgot to turn it off[/QUOTE]I sympathize with you!Here in Russia on heated seats no one complains. But many complain of a weak oven compartment. Many invent different ways to rework it.
Fired iron Cat(Qashqai) 2008 Navi-Pack 2.0l petrol 4WD CVT
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

Hi,
This is slighlty off the technical aspect of the thread but, does anyone know where the heated seat switches are located on the new QQ? I've studied the brochure piccies but can't see naything obvious..
Really?
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Hi,they are between the arm rest and cup holders on the center. hope this helps
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

file:///C:/Users/Cliff/Pictures/3EB811CC5F6E8E75964745D21B2913.jpgjust found this
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

http://www.newsroom.nissan-europe.com/u ... genumber=8
if this dont work go into www.newsroom.nissan-europe.comlook up press pack then go to page 8 on images and you should find it, I need a Whisky sorry having a bad day
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

cliffgorse your a legend, cheers. If I ever get my Nightshade I'll post some pictures.
Really?