Key fobs intermittent

ICE, Equipment, Options
Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

My key fobs are misbehaving for the past few weeks, 2019 QQ. I have had it back to the main dealers twice in the last 2 weeks, warranty expires shortly, so wanted sorted before then.
On the first visit and diagnostics, fobs checked for moisture, nothing found. I had put a new battery in the fob I use all the time.
Second visit, ignition barrel checked, even though I told them this was not the fault as the barrel had been changed in 2020, after I insisting it was at fault with the problems I had at the time. Thanks to utube videos showing this, which I had to bring to the attention of the dealers. They also fitted 2 new batteries to the fobs on Thursday last. Same problem since.
Has anybody had this fault with the fobs ?
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual

startv

Post by startv »

I have a J11 2017 Tekna Turbo Petrol and had to have batteries replaced as was getting key fob erro messages on dashboard, battery changed but days later getting issues with fobs working only when up close to the car and also sometimes even when I have them on me the door buttons don't always work - will be mentioning again to Nissan at my next service.
Billgo

Post by Billgo »

SOLVED ? I hope. Talking this problem over with a friend, he posed the question "does this happen in any one location" This got me thinking, it seems it was only when the car was parked on my driveway. Being a radio aamateur I have a selection of radios and ancillaries. I had recently added what is called a hotspot which is wired to my internet modem but transmits to my radios. This I had running 24/7 as recommended by the manufacturers. I disconnected the hotspot and problem seems to be solved. The hotspot was running on a frequency of 434.00 Mhz., and lots of keyfobs operate close to this. The airwaves are full of various signals so be warned.
I fitted a wireless doorbell many years ago, and it just had a "ding dong" tone. However, now and again it would burst into a melody without the push being activated. I reckon it was probably a mobile phone ringtone being picked up by the bell receiver.
I hope my experience may help others from spurious signals.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual