Navigation System appears frozen

ICE, Equipment, Options
Cerees
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Cerees »

Hi, have done a soft reset and the self diagnosis and no joy. If I go to map update and press it it does nothing. I phoned Nissan today and they suggested a different USB which I tried but maps just won't do anything at all so have been booked in with them. Will have to wait and see if I need to sell a kidney to pay for it 😳. Will post what the outcome is when I've seen them. Thanks for all your suggestions , very much appreciated.

StampyNTFC

Post by StampyNTFC »

Pandjh wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:29 am It may depend on software and hardware mix but I can still do this:
Yep, I get the same screen - however, it refuses to do an update via USB

All GREEN lights on the Self Diagnosis screen..

Long shot, but I thought of something last night that MIGHT work....

IF I can get somebody who also has a 2019 QQ to let me "borrow" their car so I can take a USB Map backup onto a USB stick and then try to DELETE ALL the maps on MY QQ then try to re-install them again...

Might that work??
Drives a 19 plate Qashqai...

Go seize the day
Wake up and say
This is an extraordinary life

John Wetton (1949-2017)
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I don't think that will work Stampy, the map data is chargeable after 5 yrs so I'd bet they have tied the Connect unit to the map data in some manner to stop owners sharing in this or similar manners. The best bet would be to find a usb that the connect unit doesn't object to?

2nd thoughts... did you fully register the car with Nissan You+ 'website'?. It coukd be you're not allowed to download any updates until you have done so.

You+ says "*Some updates may require a VIN, system ID, or other code. Instructions are provided on the product page or you can visit the Help Center."

Give Nissan CS a call? I'd try and help more but I did all this 3+ years ago and struggle to recall the detail, BUT I did have to register in some fashion.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
StampyNTFC

Post by StampyNTFC »

Yep, signed up for the Nissan You + website just after I got the car....

Funnily enough, the 2019 QQ doesn't seem to exist on the following Nissan website:-

https://nissan.navigation.com/home/en_GB/NissanEMEA/GBP

And how easy is it to remove/check the USB socket - since my car is now JUST out of it's 3 year warranty!!!

Go seize the day
Wake up and say

John Wetton (1949-2017)
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I had something funky happen recently and also thought my usb port might be bad. Android Auto just stopped working no matter what cable I used, even a brand new Samsung one. Had all but given up hope when I thought it could be the USB port and I could test that for sure by plugging in a iPhone and seeing if it ran CarPlay.

When CarPlay launched OK it ruled out the port imo... so I assumed it was a software issue either with AA or my phone. Note AA had just added a bad cable test into the mix so I assumed it was that... anyway, having proven the port to be OK via CarPlay, would you believe it, AA started working too (and has been fine ever since).
StampyNTFC

Post by StampyNTFC »

Mine runs Waze via Android Auto just fine....

Just doesn't seem to want to do map updates at all....

Very Frustrating..

Go seize the day
Wake up and say

John Wetton (1949-2017)
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

So when you plug in a USB stick, what exactly happens?

For reference, I use a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32Gb
StampyNTFC

Post by StampyNTFC »

Pandjh wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:56 pm So when you plug in a USB stick, what exactly happens?

For reference, I use a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32Gb
Using the same brand of USB stick as you, formatted to either FAT32 or NTFS the following happens:-

Once I insert the USB stick into my port in the car, I get this on my screen....

car error.jpg

I can then try to go to the menu to both SAVE TO USB options on Software & Map Updates, which copies a few files to the said USB stick (A screenshot of a few of the directories follows)

Main Directory

Files1.JPG

Inside the TomTomNDS directory

Files2.JPG

Inside TomTomNDS/Meta-Data directory

Files3.JPG

My computer reads the USB fine, and can read/write files to it - however, when I open up the Map Update Tool, I get the following pop-up:-

Updater Error

USB Stick Error.JPG

I've also uploaded a ZIP file (just over 2k) of the actual full "dump" to the USB stick here -----> https://filebin.net/hmm4ml9tlhsoqx5r (available for the next 6 days!!)

Go seize the day
Wake up and say

John Wetton (1949-2017)
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

2 different devices wouldn't or couldn't open that .rar file.

If it were me I'd try reinstalling the PC based map tool making sure it was installed via 'Run as Administrator'when doing so. Perhaps also reformat the USB key doing a full reformat as opposed to a quick format. I've checked, mine is FAT32.

Good luck!
StampyNTFC

Post by StampyNTFC »

Pandjh wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:26 am 2 different devices wouldn't or couldn't open that .rar file.

If it were me I'd try reinstalling the PC based map tool making sure it was installed via 'Run as Administrator'when doing so. Perhaps also reformat the USB key doing a full reformat as opposed to a quick format. I've checked, mine is FAT32.

Good luck!
Tried both of the ideas above - Installing and running as Admin, and re-formatting the USB stick...

Still get a "USB error" in the car and the "USB Stick error" on trying the Nissan update tool...

I've re-uploaded the Nissan file (this time as a .zip file) - should be available linked below ---->>>

Go seize the day
Wake up and say

John Wetton (1949-2017)