Sinosmart Android Head unit - UK Forum member offer

ICE, Equipment, Options
iceze
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by iceze »

Is this a j11? Saw you have a j12 in your signature mate, which I don't think this will fit.

Anyways... I've quickly tried the other halfs iPhone. Wireless connected up in a few seconds. Seems perfect, better than even AndroidAuto.

Wired, it still seems to open up a hotspot and connect wirelessly and ignores the wire.

I'm not sure if this is how all android units are; if I'm doing it wrong or there needs to be an update. Maybe an apple user with this can chime in.

Hth
2015 J11 Tekna

Deleted User 7325

Post by Deleted User 7325 »

iceze wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:46 am Is this a j11? Saw you have a j12 in your signature mate, which I don't think this will fit.

Anyways... I've quickly tried the other halfs iPhone. Wireless connected up in a few seconds. Seems perfect, better than even AndroidAuto.

Wired, it still seems to open up a hotspot and connect wirelessly and ignores the wire.

I'm not sure if this is how all android units are; if I'm doing it wrong or there needs to be an update. Maybe an apple user with this can chime in.

Hth
Can you confirm that android auto works wired?
qqrande

Post by qqrande »

Do you still get Sat Nav prompts on the dash with this installed?

I’ve only just got my 2014 Tekna. It has full 360 cameras, lane departure and blind spot. How can I tell if it has Bose speakers and park assist?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I want to make sure I order the right one and get the DAB upgrade with it.

Thanks
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

A 2014 Tekna will have park assist as standard - you can tell by the PA in the display:

... and by the presence of additional sensors on the front side just ahead of the wheel arch as here:

A Bose equipped car will have a big circular speaker element in the rear spare wheel well.

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
qqrande

Post by qqrande »

gloucester wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:11 pm Welcome to this forum

A 2014 Tekna will have park assist as standard - you can tell by the PA in the display:

... and by the presence of additional sensors on the front side just ahead of the wheel arch as here:

A Bose equipped car will have a big circular speaker element in the rear spare wheel well.

Brilliant, thanks ever so much for your help and the prompt reply. I have park assist but not the Bose setup, which was expected.

That just leaves the question whether you can still receive Sat nav prompts on the dash via the Sinosmart the same as with Nissan’s own?

Also, can anyone link me to a thread on the amber engine light constantly remaining on?
iceze

Post by iceze »

qashqaiwannabe wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:46 pm Can you confirm that android auto works wired?
Yes, wired and wireless both work.
qqrande wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:33 am That just leaves the question whether you can still receive Sat nav prompts on the dash via the Sinosmart the same as with Nissan’s own?

Also, can anyone link me to a thread on the amber engine light constantly remaining on?
You will lose turn by turn directions on the vehicle information display. There is no radio apart from the original Connect that retains this.

I'm not sure on a particular thread, but try searching above. You need to get it read.

I've had the EML come on for oil deterioration. This was when I was driving constantly in central London and never took it for a longer run.

But it can be anything, so I'd order an obd scanner/ or visit a garage to get it read.
2015 J11 Tekna
Deleted User 7325

Post by Deleted User 7325 »

Loving my unit so far but had 2x issues where the screen didn't turn on and had to click the reset button in. Anyone else exoericed this
iceze

Post by iceze »

@qashqaiwannabe
Not had anything like that. Maybe make sure all the cables are plugged in securely? especially the black connector as provides power.

Keep an eye and see when it happens and maybe ask the seller for advise.

A review/ pictures of your setup are welcome ;)
2015 J11 Tekna
Unofon

Post by Unofon »

How do I contact aliexpress to get the free usb dongle ?
iceze

Post by iceze »

You can message the seller using the "contact" option.
2015 J11 Tekna