2016 J11 aftermarket headunit /Tablet Sinosmart

ICE, Equipment, Options
nanias

Post by nanias »

Good Easter!!!
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the original Qashqai J11 microphone with a Sinosmart tablet (or another)? Naturally, it would be necessary to identify the wires and terminals on the plugs next to the radio and then adapt a jack to connect to the tablet. The idea was to avoid passing another cable/microphone because the original has good quality. Thanks to anyone who can give tips.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Haven't a clue I'm afraid - can't you ask the question of the seller?

For those who wonder what he's on about I presume it's this - looks good! Haven't watched it through - the answer might be in the video with any luck!

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
nanias

Post by nanias »

Thank you for your help.

I already knew this video and it doesn't have an external microphone (it uses the internal microphone of the tablet itself).

The tablet has a 3.5mm jack input for an external microphone, but many report that the quality is poor (ecco problems). I ordered a tablet like that and wanted to try connecting to the original microphone (OEM) even if some DIY calls are needed... Just don't know if it will work...
iceze

Post by iceze »

Hi,

I've had no echo problems as is using the built-in mic.

I wanted to and kind of still mull at the idea of somehow upvolting the 5v factory microphone. But I'm not sure how feasible this is, and it's no where near straightforward.

The next best and probably obvious option is to use the external microphone that came with the Sinosmart unit.
2015 J11 Tekna
BigGreg85
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by BigGreg85 »

Has anyone used the supplied mic from Sinosmart. It has a 3.5mm headphone jack and absolutely nowhere to plug it into the unit so I’m at a loss. Any advice is much appreciated.
zwavoo

Post by zwavoo »

Thanks for this very instructive video. I have installed the headunit into my Qashqai, and it is a great upgrade of the standard unit, except for two small issues:

1) On the steering controls, the next and previous buttons are reversed. I cannot work out how to switch them.
2) When using CarPlay, the volume is really low. At any normal speed I cannot hear audiobooks. The volume on the unit is maxed out at 30, and I cannot increase the volume on the iphone, it seems to be fixed.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks