Lane assist system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I mentioned DTC C1A16 above which would put the Forward Emergency Braking (FEB) symbol on the Speedo instrument. Its not showing on your picture. That could be an old lingering DTC your garage saw or the scanner they use is wrong?

You could have a 2nd hand camera put in. I don't know the setup procedure for that so its a risk in a number of ways.

Your Nissan dealer may have seen any one or more of 15 DTCs that relate to the Front Camera operation. About 6 of them are due to CAN bus errors which may explain the "camera can not be found" comment. A data communication problem?

I could say that from your pictures above the camera video works but the communication error could be due to a CAN bus data Transmitter/Receiver fault within the camera? Testing and diagnosis needs to be accurate here.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

FozzyVilla

Post by FozzyVilla »

Thank you again for your help. What I have done is spoken to Nissan Uk and have them look into it. I wasn’t very happy with the service that i received and that I don’t believe I should be paying for a part especially if it doesn’t solve the problem. I’ll see how I get on. Thank you
FozzyVilla

Post by FozzyVilla »

Hi all just want to update you on this. So as you can see it has taken a couple of months but the issue has now been sorted. It was the Lane camera at fault. Going through Nissan customer services helped a lot to the point I only paid for labour saving me £900. What I recommend to anyone is if you feel you haven’t received the service you think you deserve from a dealer contact customer services and pursue your issue.
Antanas
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Antanas »

Just had this prooblem today. Turned off engine. Turned on and problem solved 😂
Don't know how it was fixed automatically, but the system fault gone 😕
QQ DCI SVE 2014.