Stop/Start System Fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

The QQ battery management reset isnt as sophisticated as others, you cant "register" the new battery all you can do is clear the current battery data or as nissan put it " cumulative battery discharge count clear" assuming this forces the management to take new readings from the battery and determine SOC and SOH of the battery. Some like to call recalibration of the IBS.

I know bmw are very sophisticated you can enter the make and type of battery and AH like calnorth just said. But nissan aint that sophisticated with their battery management systems yet

anthonywickens
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by anthonywickens »

Thanks everyone for the comments...so you'd expect when I take the car for the service the garage should be able to clear the faults? Is there anything I can do in the meantime?
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

Don't just clear the faults make sure you get a copy and then clear them and record any that come back as these are current faults. As for start stop system fault on dash this can be caused by all sorts of stuff I've had low brake fluid cause start stop light on along with traction control light and ive had a neutral/reverse switch fault cause just start stop light on, doesnt always mean its the battery. And to reset battery management system you have to go into ipdm on qashqai and work support and then "cml bat dis crnt clr"
anthonywickens

Post by anthonywickens »

Quick update in case anyone has same issue. Car went in for service in which the garage cleared the engine management light which in turn cleared the stop start error. All been battery related.
TONYRIGBY

Post by TONYRIGBY »

Hi am having same problem with my Nissan Qashqai had numerous faults flashing up on dashboard and problem with stop and start had mechanic plug his computer in and he said was battery so replaced with new one but still getting loads of warning lights coming on power steering going dead light and speedo not working don’t no what to do any ideas please
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Difficult to diagnose at distance. Christmas tree warning lights are next to useless really as they can be triggered by a particular fault that impacts multiple functions. TBH I'd be looking at an electrical fault where multiple warnings arise. Battery being one area and the IPDM (power distribution unit) being the other.

You need to get all error codes scanned on the vehicle and try to get some logical fault identification performed.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Can't expand on what calnorth has mentioned.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

I would like to share my ongoing problems with anyone who has a Qashqai J12.

Ive now had my car for 7 months and still my stop start system does not work, has never worked and Nissan can’t find the problem.

No matter how much Nissan customer services imply it’s a characteristic of the car I simply say how is that possible ?

My car has never had the stop start working. When you come to a stop the car lurches forwards and fires up instantly and not seemingly liking it.

It’s had batteries, testing, software updates, local and similar technicians look at it and no fix. I’ve been told that even Japan don’t have a fix for this!! So to sell a car and for the core part to never work is the characteristics of the car … Not. Now I am not into all of this technical jargon but I have waited some 7months and still no solution.

The service from West Ways To date has been supportive but is now beyond a joke. It’s cost me time, money and days off back and forth! The dealership on the Chester Road now want to compare it to another vehicle mmm..

I have the Qashqai Teckna CVT and it’s quite clear there is a probelm!

When will Nissan wake up and treat customers with some respect and replace my car !! Everything has been recorded and I have now asked for a printout of all my cars history to put forwards to the press. I am still waiting over one month and they have still not given me this.

The car itself is lovely and the people who sold me the car were brilliant however NISSAN customer service have treated me appallingly and without looking at all the reports there own technicians have submitted!!

Any advice please would be very welcome. I’m happy to share everything
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Your contract of purchase (assuming you purchased it) is with the dealer not with Nissan. If you've given the dealer the opportunity to fix it and they haven't then of course go for rejecting the car. This must be to who sold you the vehicle not who made it.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Hootintootin, many thanks for your reply. The car was purchased through West Ways Birmingham. I was told they are owned by Nissan and not a franchise. For this reason they can’t take the car off me as it’s Nissans decision. I purchased the car via a PCP in which this was also set up via Nissan. Ive asked for it to be rejected via this and they keep saying I will be out of pocket if they just swop the car. Im simply saying when you buy a product that’s faulty the shop replaces it. Why is this different for them. Everyone at West Ways sees the problem as a number of senior technicians have driven it and compiled the reports!!

You would not believe the problems I’ve had.

It’s not faulty!! It’s not an intermittent fault !! And it most certainly is not a characteristic of the vehicle for the key stop start system to have never worked!!! And they can’t get it to work!!