Bobbing Power flutter

ICE, Equipment, Options
Drive-Si
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Drive-Si »

Anyone here know what’s happening with my J11 I felt the car as it lost a bit of acceleration only for a second a number of time I just put it down to dirty fuel then I have noticed that all the lights inside and out are bobbing power so I’ve had a new battery and tested the electrics and everything has come up as fine
Any ideas ?

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Petrol or diesel - engine size - manual or auto.
How many miles has the car covered.

Cheers
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

OP, we had similar issues with our QQ, 2018 Acenta 18500 miles when the problems started, loss of power, occasionally stalling at junctions, fluctuations in headlights, fan speed on the climate control and visible fluctuations with the needle on the rev counter. Several visits to the dealership and no faults found, they did mention possible fuel contamination?
However, had to have the battery replaced (good will gesture under warranty) last Friday and so far the car seems to be behaving at it should but although an optimist I am expecting the gremlins to return.
Yours has had a new battery so shouldn't be that? Calnorth suggested that my issues could also possibly be connected with the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module) and as suggested I asked the service department and they said no, my issues were battery related.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)
Drive-Si

Post by Drive-Si »

Squashy2 that sounds just like what I have been looking at I may have the battery checked again it’s a new one but it could still be at fault
Many thanks

Oh yes mine’s a 1.5 diesel qashqai 2017
Drive-Si

Post by Drive-Si »

Buffy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:30 am Petrol or diesel - engine size - manual or auto.
How many miles has the car covered.

Cheers
Hi yes it’s a 1.5 DCI diesel manual with just over 52k on the clock
Drive-Si

Post by Drive-Si »

Squashy2 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:50 am OP, we had similar issues with our QQ, 2018 Acenta 18500 miles when the problems started, loss of power, occasionally stalling at junctions, fluctuations in headlights, fan speed on the climate control and visible fluctuations with the needle on the rev counter. Several visits to the dealership and no faults found, they did mention possible fuel contamination?
However, had to have the battery replaced (good will gesture under warranty) last Friday and so far the car seems to be behaving at it should but although an optimist I am expecting the gremlins to return.
Yours has had a new battery so shouldn't be that? Calnorth suggested that my issues could also possibly be connected with the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module) and as suggested I asked the service department and they said no, my issues were battery related.
Squashy2 that sounds just like what I have been looking at I may have the battery checked again it’s a new one but it could still be at fault
Many thanks