Cruise control cuts out when steering?

ICE, Equipment, Options
Tsmiffy92
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Tsmiffy92 »

Hi all!
Thanks for stopping by!
I need some help with my beloved Qashqai. It's a 2010 Acenta. It started a few years ago when I noticed if I steered to the left the cruise control would cut off and if have to set the speed again. Its gradually just got worse and worse and now it happens even without steering to the left.

The only way to get it to work is by keying off and on, and lately even that hasn't done the trick!

I'm sure when it first happened I read somewhere about a switch or connection in the steering wheel, but I can't find anything now!

Thanks again for your time!

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

There are 5 sensor inputs to the Cruise Control system (ASCD), including special wiring from the steering wheel control. Those inputs/wiring would need to be checked for operation/reliability which could well be beyond a non Nissan garage.

Inputs are from Clutch, Brakes, Steering Wheel, Stop Lamp, Combination Switch and Park/Neutral Switch. Combination Switch may be for indication only.

Its actually the Engine Management System that controls the throttle using these inputs.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

My first thought was the "clock spring" electrical connection in the steering wheel having fractured - and getting worse.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)