TSR and LDW system faults.

ICE, Equipment, Options
frenzy382

Post by frenzy382 »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

I have a '64 J11 which has suddenly developed 2 system faults, both at the same time.
LDW and TSR.

I've done some searching on this forum, and it looks like it really could be down to a number of possibilities...it's not throwing any DTC's at me either (perhaps that's due to my cheap reader.....dunno). However, the bit that is really puzzling me is that (LDW and TSR) both actually work for 1 min after starting the engine..then it throws the faults at me.

I managed to test both functions (separately)....TSR was easier than LDW due to the various road setups i have nearby...but i got there in the end.

Any ideas as to why it works, then doesn't? I wasn't sure if it was down to the system taking that length of time to read a previous DTC (which i can't see or clear myself anyway)...

Thnks.

20210720_152256.jpg

20210720_152254.jpg

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Briefly looking at Diagnostics for Driver Assistance I can say that the DTCs are many (special) and I don't think your generic scanner would detect them. This has a great deal to do with Cameras and related sensor inputs.

Not looked into LDW/TSR faults before but sub system schematics shown below. I would be looking for common components first I think. Its a bit of a rats nest really....much CAN Bus Comms.... :shock:

Without a DTC list its going to be a bit tricky IMO. Unless someone else here is wiser?

LDW.png

TSR.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Nick_Precision
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nick_Precision »

Check if you have any dirt on your windscreen.
I would also try to disconnect the battery for some time…
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta J11A
frenzy382

Post by frenzy382 »

Hi..

thanks guys. Based on previous history that i've had with this QQ, it probably will be a rats nest...but I'm willing to give anything a go. :-)

Windscreen is dirty...happy to give that a clean. It will make the wife happier as well!!!
I did disconnect the battery for about 15 mins the other day...but made no difference. Happy to try for longer. Also, the battery is about 1yr old now and I would think it's still in good condition...but you never know i suppose.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Hope its the simple w/screen wash..... :roll:
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
frenzy382

Post by frenzy382 »

alas...it seems that it was never going to be that simple. I don't have much faith in my local dealership either, as last time they took 6 weeks to resolve a camera related problem (under warranty at the time) and they eventually rang me up to take it away as it was costing them too much to look at it!!

Went ballistic, rang up regional Nissan and took it to another dealership miles away...although it was fixed, it was a real inconvenience due to distance etc.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

frenzy382 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:22 am alas...it seems that it was never going to be that simple. I don't have much faith in my local dealership either, as last time they took 6 weeks to resolve a camera related problem (under warranty at the time) and they eventually rang me up to take it away as it was costing them too much to look at it!!

Went ballistic, rang up regional Nissan and took it to another dealership miles away...although it was fixed, it was a real inconvenience due to distance etc.

Pity. The system likely requires the Nissan Diagnostic/Test tool CONSULT to list the DTCS. There are a lot for the LDW & TSR sub systems. The priority DTC list is as pic below....there are more related to all cameras and model (DTC Index). CAN figures topmost.... :!:

A related Temperature Sensor could cause trouble, disable the systems and flag a System fault? See DTC 1803 below. Or a Power error.

Screen44.png

1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Tahirusman786

Post by Tahirusman786 »

Hi, I have the exact same problem with the traffic sign recognition as described above . I get the same malfunction error about a minute or 2 after setting off. Can I ask if there is a known fix for this, anyone has any lock with getting rid of the error.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I suspect not but let's see what people say.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)