Heater/AC Fan speed

ICE, Equipment, Options
Nathanolder
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nathanolder »

Hi guys, I can't seem to get to the bottom of a problem I have recently been having with my 2014 J11 petrol Qashqai.

I have recently had the Air Con condenser replaced (as the old one had a small hole) and regassed.

The day I got the car back the fan doesn't want to stay on at any decent speed. The display on the control module displays any speed you set it to, but the fan itself speeds up, and then within a few seconds dies back down to something like the slowest speed. The air con works, its nice and cold, but it doesnt blow fast. This happens on both AirCon and on heating.

I have just tried a new climate control module , plugged it all in and it does the exact same thing. On the odd occasion the fan will stay on at the speed you set it. sometimes it lasts 5 minutes but mostly only a few seconds.

I haven't been able to find any info where someone had the same issue so can't seem to find any help.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you

Nathan.

Nathanolder
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nathanolder »

Just reading some similar problems on here and possibly the Heater resistor could be the problem maybe ?
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Yes heater resistor

Correct terminology for it though it transistor module as there is no resistors in fan speed controllers that run more than 4 speeds, rule of them usually is 4 speeds it will have a resistor pack if its more than 4 speeds it will be run by a transistor module.

Easy enough to replace its glovebox out and its on the heater box unit at the back up high 1 screw holding it in and a tab to release it