Autos Stop/Start error

ICE, Equipment, Options
FryQash
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by FryQash »

Hi All
I have recently experienced an error code come up re the auto stop/start after I almost stalled the vehicle on my drive. I pulled up and started to take my foot off the clutch, forgetting to take it out of gear. I caught it just in time, but the stop/start seemed to kick in and get the vehicle running. I stopped the vehicle properly. However, I went out in the car again later in the day and after about half an hour the error code kicked in. It now comes on every 10 minutes or so. This did bring on the orange engine management light. I went to my local mechanic and he cleared the fault. It has now come back again the following day!!! Any ideas?? I don't believe that it is battery related as this was renewed last year.
I would appreciate any thoughts on this.
Thanks in advance

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

The battery is often the culpret even if it doesn't seem to be failing. You don't state the age of the car and its battery.

Not sure what's happened - I didn't have the fault you're reporting.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Its difficult to diagnose at distance. EML is really an alarm from the ECU meaning that some function the ECU uses/senses has failed out of parameters usually.

It requires that the error codes (DTCs) are viewed for examination.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta