2021 N-Motion - Park assist?

ICE, Equipment, Options
kwakaman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by kwakaman »

Hi all.

I currently have a QQ N-connecta which will be traded in this weekend for a new 1.3 MT6 N-Motion.

Buying on an impulse to get one of the last J11 models before the hybrid era takes off. Plus cant afford the new QQ.

My question is does the N-Motion come with intellegent park assist as standard? The advert on autotrader where i spotted the car says it does but Nissan website doesn't specify or even have it available in an option pack.

Can anyone confirm it does have the assist as standard? Still waiting for the dealer to confirm.

TIA
2016 -1.2 N-Connecta Gun Metallic. (Sold)
2021 -1.3 N-Motion. Gun Metallic.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

The N-Motion was a special edition based on the N-Connecta with spec enhancement, and the N-Connecta had park assist as standard.

You're buying possibly a two-year old car.

https://uk.nissannews.com/en-GB/release ... introduced

EDIT - I was basing my assumption on the July 2019 catalogue. Nissan has a habit of changing specs without warning so it's possible early 2019 N-Connectas didn't have Park Assist (certainly they didn't have it in 2017 and even the 2019 catalogue says "from Tekna grade" despite listing it in the specs for the N-Connecta), and the N-Motion thus doesn't have it either. I agree sources are somewhat conflicting.

FURTHER EDIT - This article from November 2018 confirms the N-Connecta had Park Assist by then - https://blog.carlease.uk.com/in-review- ... dr-manual/

YET ANOTHER EDIT - Read subsequent posts - there are TWO different N-Motions!
Last edited by gloucester on Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Having looks at the new cars available at Autotrader all the supposedly N-Motion cars actually pictured on dealer's showrooms and forecourts appear to actually be Teknas.

A real N-Motion should have Hibiscus alloys, silver mirror caps:

... and contrast seats:

The full spec reads:

• Exterior kit for the new Qashqai N-Motion includes a set of unique 19-inch alloy wheels, a choice of 11 paint finishes, silver trim inserts for the front and rear bumpers, silver door mirror caps, silver roof rails, adaptive LED headlamps and a panoramic glass roof. Inside, the special edition receives re-upholstered front seats with orange side bolsters, a retrimmed gear-stick with orange stitching, fresh door cards, refinished knee-pads, new floor mats and a full-sized boot-liner.

The ones at Autotrader have Tekna alloys, colour-coded mirror caps and leather seats.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Anyone - did Nissan create a run-out "Tekna-minus" edition when they started running out of parts and confusingly call it the N-Motion?

EDIT - yes they did! It's still at the website!

N-Motion.JPG

It appears to be an N-Connecta with some Tekna bits added...

Hence the confusion.

So to sum up, assuming the car you're getting is the same as the spec at the Nissan website, it appears it doesn't have Park Assist since that's no longer standard on the N-Connecta on which the N-Motion is still based - albeit different to the original 2019 N-Motion.

And dealers advertising using this generic picture of Qashqai (not the original N-Motion):

... are probably going to supply you with the Tekna-minus version

Talk about confusing!!!
kwakaman

Post by kwakaman »

Thanks for all the replies. Still none the wiser. Will find out soon from the salesman.

This was the car in question and it states in the description it has it.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... nce&page=1

However found out today that this is actually there showroom model and not the actual car i will be getting. Its supposedly a brand new unregistered car im getting, which im happy about , rather than an ex display model.

EDIT,, specifications > driver conveniences.
Its no big deal if it hasn't got it. It wont be a deal breaker as would probably never get used.

Looking forward to a few more years of trouble free motoring, as my current 1.2 N-Connecta has been superb for the last 5 years(nearly) from new.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

That helps!

Check out this view:

... and compare with this view of a Tekna:

Look just in front of the front wheel on this one and you see a dot - which is the lateral sensor required for Park Assist.

The grey one doesn't have it...
kwakaman

Post by kwakaman »

Good spot. As the one in the picture wont be mine. The new one may have it. Seems strange Nissan website doesnt mention it in specs or even in options(packs), but clearly the white one has it.

Thanks for the help. All will be revealed at the weekend on pick up.
Like i said before in edit, not too bothered if has it or not. Just be nice if did for future sale etc.

Love the 360 camera for parking anyway. This has made me buy a car with the 360 camera option (other makes are alot more expensive than a QQ).

EDIT, didnt see the white car was a tenka sorry.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

After seeing all these facts I am really confused 😁 Older facts just seem to have disappeared and are difficult to find but there was an Autoexpress article which showed the IPA included. As the Tekna was withdrawn, I would think that the IPA would still be in the the N-Motion as this is or was now the Top Model, but as you mentioned on the weekend you will see Yes Or No - could well be wrong with the assumptions Dave 😉

Nissan Westway :

A26367E7-0F7D-4A68-A245-4D5A50D56FC9.jpeg

Autoexpress :

6480DF10-520C-4D1D-90CF-8D87682E3987.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
kwakaman

Post by kwakaman »

Dealer confirmed id doesn't have park assist.

Bit misleading in the advert, but doesn't actually state it has it on the Nissan website as having it or even as a option. Will point this out to the dealer when meet up for hand over on Saturday.

Guessing if was really pernickety, then the car could be rejected as "not as described" .

Have no intention of doing that, as would probably never use the feature anyway but would have liked it as a seller point further down the line. The 360 camera systems are adequate enough as a parking aid to me alone.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

There appears to be a great lack of technical specifications supplied to customers these days even though you Hand the money over and should get what you want. You are correct though IPA nice to have but rarely used for parking in busy areas - Enjoy your Pickup Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken