J11Retrofit Front Heated Seats

ICE, Equipment, Options
Tom288bond
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Tom288bond »

**Update**

Got the switches and trim today - So decided to see if the connectors are there and using a video from the Forum to remove the centre console - Managed to get the old one off and there were the two connectors taped to the body. All fitted and looks good -

Next I need to order up the Seat Pads - Anyone got some recommendations on which ones to use. Main stealer is looking around £150 each side - Then again I don't want to get cheap china ones and burn the Mrs' Bum..... Gonna play with the under seat connecters to understand which ones are the live feed over the weekend

Anyone had to change the Seat Pads before, Is it easy to get the seat out or do you think I can do it without taking the Seats out?

Thanks All -

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

It may pay you in the long run to download an online copy of the manual to be honest.
Seat stripping is probably not high on the list of the average owners jobs
SE+-+SEAT.pdf
(560.24 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

It's easy enough to take the seats out, you'll need to to fit the pads, I always take seats out if im working on it I've changed about 10 seat pads on nissans and loads on jeeps as it was a recall on them and it's simple enough but you will need new hog rings and hog ring pliers to re fit the seat covers and some got side cutters to cut the hog rings fitted that hold on the seat covers, always have more hog rings than you need as you'll miss hooking it on a few times haha. If your ever replacing them it's a pain peeling them off the foam seat cuz it likes to take chunks out of it if you go too fast, but as your just fitting them it's not so bad.
But cant emphasize enough I wouldnt go for cheap heat pads just get the originals and be done with it, the will already come with the correct connectors for under the seat they also have a connector which connects them both together so they can run in series when on low. They have the thermoswitch built in to both seat and back pads. I'd you get cheap ones you could be left with issues that you'll have to overcome and you wont know the quality of the tempreture switch if even fitted, they may not get hot enough they may not even work at all. But that's my opinion.

Hope you manage to get it all fitted
hopoffbaby

Post by hopoffbaby »

Hi,

I have just brought a 2014 tekna with heated seats. I notice the drivers seat only works on low. I have been trying to figure out what the connectors were under the seat so I could test for power.

So far I figure that they are as follows from left to right looking under the seat:

Power seat - heated seat - ???? - air bag

20210504_174709.jpg

Can anyone confirm and enlighten me on what the 3rd connector is for?

Also has anyone had the problem of the seat only working on low? From my looking at the wiring diagram, I think it must either be the switch or the thermostat? I assume it's not the pads as they work on low?

Cheers
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Assuming you purchased it from a reputable dealer, take it back and make use of the warranty
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

Isn’t that for the seatbelt alarm?
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
hopoffbaby

Post by hopoffbaby »

MikeGC wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:10 pm Assuming you purchased it from a reputable dealer, take it back and make use of the warranty
I brought it private so don't have that option unfortunately
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

hopoffbaby wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:28 am
MikeGC wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:10 pm Assuming you purchased it from a reputable dealer, take it back and make use of the warranty
I brought it private so don't have that option unfortunately
Ah, sorry to hear that, good luck
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)