Heater not working

ICE, Equipment, Options
Davebutton87
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Davebutton87 »

Hi, asking for a friend, she has a 63 plate qashqai the heaters aren't working. It appears to not blow
All actuators work. With air con on you can hear s noise through the vents but nothing blows.
I've checked all pollun filter etc and all is good.
I too have checked the fuse, but no way to fully check the relay.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Could it just be the blower motor or more?

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

The HAC (hot/cold) system should not allow the aircon system to operate if the blower is stopped...thats a design function.

What actuators do you mean? There are motors that control air flow doors.

What relay do you mean?

Test the system in Manual only...deselect AUTO. Turn the heating up high and select Recirc button in and out...what happens?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Davebutton87

Post by Davebutton87 »

I will try this. I hear a noise from the vents when a.c on. But nothing comes out. Whether hot or cold.
Looks like filter was changed so checked the actuator wasn't set out of place.
Will test the above shortly and put findings up
Davebutton87

Post by Davebutton87 »

Tested the above and absolutely nothing happens no matter the fan speed selected nothing seems to happen too.

I checked the heater relay next to the odb reader I read this was the relay for the blower while checking the fuses
Davebutton87

Post by Davebutton87 »

Just more info. Can hear click and revs raise when AC on again drop when off. I dont believe it's an AC issue. It was regarded not long ago as this was thought to be the issue.

On manual settings high nothing happens. Turn it off all together the engine revs drop.
It looks like all is working as should do. Just nothing what so ever through the vents.

Pipes behind get hot as expected.

All appears right just no blowing 😬🙄
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

In the case of a failed Blower system, diagnosis is quite extensive. The simple part is two 20A + 10A fuses to be checked mainly. Also a relay. After that its heavily into checking the wiring harness and using special test equipment. There are no DTCs (error codes) that specifically relate to the Blower directly.

I can tell my 2017 blower is running because there is a slight clatter...which maybe motor noise or air flow component rattle in the flow path(s).

I assume with the filter out you cannot feel air flow in that area? Select full speed

There are two 20Amp fuses - No 7 and 17 in the relay contact circuit to the Blower speed regulator. They appear to be in parallel....odd
A 10 Amp fuse is in the relay coil circuit - No 27 wired to Body Control Module (BCM)....that could be control from an Air Con ON or status signal

The above information comes from Nissans diagnostics which is likely not 100% correct...parallel fuses?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
RenVanMan

Post by RenVanMan »

Dave, did you discover the issue?
I have the same on 2011 Qashqai N-Tec. the fan speed indicator lights light up (lights increase/decrease when adjusting the fan dial) but no fan.
I can here the AC compressor pump clutch kicking in and out so everything seems okay with the heating dash panel, just no fan?
I would appreciate some feedback if you've managed to sort the issue.
Fatcobra

Post by Fatcobra »

RentVanMan - did you get any further with this?

Having similar issues, but also if fan power is left at max when ignition turned off next time we come to the car and start the fans do blow at max for 5/10 seconds then cut out again. Think this would rule out a failed fuse?

Cheers
Nick_Precision
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nick_Precision »

If your fan works for a short time and then stops, that may be your heater resistor.
If not working at all, I would check what voltage is going to the heater resistor and the fan.
In both cases you need access to the blower/fan and multimeter.
I wonder if somebody is having wiring diagrams, or software to show the components positions and the wiring...
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta J11A
Fatcobra

Post by Fatcobra »

Thanks Nick will check that out