After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
Barry Chuckle
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:10 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Barry Chuckle » Wed May 05, 2021 2:47 am

Hi, I'm new to this too but when I installed the Xtrons unit, I had similar experiences. However, when I set off driving, the sign detect started up. It usually takes its feed from the map in the original unit but has to rely on seeing the signs.
Lane assist stopped for me too. Couldn't get this back while using the new unit. Passenger airbag light, are you talking about the one under the head unit or on the dash?
Mine showed up on the one under the unit and eventually went out like normal. If it's the one on the dash, this happens if you unplugged the cables to the AC and turned the ignition? If you did that, I think you have to go to a dealer to get it reset.

My biggest issue is the reversing camera just shows No Signal. I got mine second hand off eBay. Previous owner had a 360 Camera setup. He swears it worked for him but nothing for me. Tried allsorts and have been in various secret settings menus found on YouTube. It just shows the sensors (which bleep correctly) but no picture.
I do have a pink wire with reverse written on it that goes nowhere. Do I need to splice that into the internal wiring?
I hope not. Does the Dasaita work out the box without having complicated wiring? The videos on YouTube for the Dasaita don't show this but I find all the videos do at least one or two things differently.
The camera is a deal breaker for me and the old unit is back in. I don't want to blow £400 on a Dasaita and find the reverse camera still won't work! Grrr!

chosan
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by chosan » Wed May 05, 2021 6:34 am

numbelino wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:59 pm
Hi all.
I have installed a Dasaita PX6 Max 10 for a Qashqai with Bose system.
Everything works except traffic sign detection, lane assist and blind spot. ☹️
Additionally the passenger airbag light is always on.
Is there anyhting I can do to solve this or do I need to go back to car dealer?
Tks a lot for your help!
I've the same unit, lane assist and blind spot work 100%.
Sign detection doesn't work. Most likely because there's no
signal sent from Dasaita to the small panel behind the steering wheel.
I'm using Waze which shows signs the same way.

chosan
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by chosan » Wed May 05, 2021 6:39 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:47 am
Hi, I'm new to this too but when I installed the Xtrons unit, I had similar experiences. However, when I set off driving, the sign detect started up. It usually takes its feed from the map in the original unit but has to rely on seeing the signs.
Lane assist stopped for me too. Couldn't get this back while using the new unit. Passenger airbag light, are you talking about the one under the head unit or on the dash?
Mine showed up on the one under the unit and eventually went out like normal. If it's the one on the dash, this happens if you unplugged the cables to the AC and turned the ignition? If you did that, I think you have to go to a dealer to get it reset.

My biggest issue is the reversing camera just shows No Signal. I got mine second hand off eBay. Previous owner had a 360 Camera setup. He swears it worked for him but nothing for me. Tried allsorts and have been in various secret settings menus found on YouTube. It just shows the sensors (which bleep correctly) but no picture.
I do have a pink wire with reverse written on it that goes nowhere. Do I need to splice that into the internal wiring?
I hope not. Does the Dasaita work out the box without having complicated wiring? The videos on YouTube for the Dasaita don't show this but I find all the videos do at least one or two things differently.
The camera is a deal breaker for me and the old unit is back in. I don't want to blow £400 on a Dasaita and find the reverse camera still won't work! Grrr!
In the Dasaita case the reverse is taken from the Canbus-box. This box also handles the 360 cameras. In your case it seems like reverse is working but no signal from the camera. In the Dasaita case this a matter of swapping two yellow RCA connectors if you get no signal. This is discussed several times in existing threads.

numbelino
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 8:53 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by numbelino » Wed May 05, 2021 8:23 am

Tks all for replying!
The airbag light is always on on the dash, so seems I have to go to car dealer for a reset...
Regarding traffic signs this morning I noticed it works sporadically, so maybe sensor may have gotten uncalibrated somehow...?
I read someone here got everything solved on the car dealer, so seems I should follow the same approach...

numbelino
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 8:53 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by numbelino » Wed May 05, 2021 11:33 am

numbelino wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:23 am
Tks all for replying!
The airbag light is always on on the dash, so seems I have to go to car dealer for a reset...
Regarding traffic signs this morning I noticed it works sporadically, so maybe sensor may have gotten uncalibrated somehow...?
I read someone here got everything solved on the car dealer, so seems I should follow the same approach...
Update: now driving a bit more I confirm that lane and blind spot assists are working well.
Traffic signs detection though is not working as well as before, so already scheduled with car dealer next week to have a look.

amz2740
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:38 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by amz2740 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:08 am

I'm getting a qashqai soon, this is very useful info thanks! I assume this is unlikely, but thought i'd ask anyway...when using the navigation on this unit, do you get upcoming turns/directions on the screen above the steering wheel?
2016 (65 Plate) 1.6 dCi Tekna, black

chosan
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by chosan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:49 am

amz2740 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:08 am
I'm getting a qashqai soon, this is very useful info thanks! I assume this is unlikely, but thought i'd ask anyway...when using the navigation on this unit, do you get upcoming turns/directions on the screen above the steering wheel?
Aftermarket=NO. Qashqai original=Yes.

shauneboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by shauneboy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:52 pm

Greetings all - a most useful thread - thank you to everyone who has posted information - made the fitting of my Dasaita unit very simple! - And will add very happy with it [although only just fitted it mind you so still looking at what software I will end up running as in 2 minds about CarPlay and need to test all the buttons work fine (but 360 camera certainly does)] just a couple of quirks that wonder if someone can help shed any light on please...

When I opened the drivers door, the display would show the passengers door as being open - and vica-versa (assume as set for Left Hand Drive) sorted that by going in CAN BUS settings and setting to 'SWAP' for Front Door... I assume I also need to set 'Rudder' to right (as the system tells me it wants to reboot to enable Right Working) - So, got to ask - what is Rudder in this context? and do I need to change it (or just leave the SWAP on the Front Doors)? And also, what is the option 'SWAP KEY' for? do I leave that on 'Normal' or 'Swap'?

Also, I'm seeing the same issue as previously mentioned in a couple of threads where as soon as I switch the engine off, the unit powers down (have a start/stop QQ) - It also comes on if I press the Start/Stop (without the clutch - so guess this is the 'ON' state) but if I press it again [so the windows still work etc and the original Nissan fitted unit would stay on for 15 mins or so] the unit switches off - no matter what I set the ACC Power off option to be on the unit... Did anyone manage to get this sorted by FIrmware update or anything or is it a case I need to power the 'ACC' line to the head separately? [my harness seems a little different to other pictures as the ACC line has been split and can go into 2 plugs - one labelled 'ACC' - the other labelled Navara/ACC - it seems to only work plugged into ACC [which seems logical as I have a QQ] - putting a volt-meter on here gives 0v when ignition is off and 12V when 'ON' [ie engine running] - I have a KEY1 and KEY2 but these are capped off and not connected...

Many thanks :)

iceze
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:34 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by iceze » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:49 am

Is there a UIS7862 processor version of these android units.

I'm trying to find a uis7862 version that work with the factory 360 camera and has park assist ( pa )

I am thinking of changing units but can only find the dasaita units that have the older px5 or px6.
2015 J11 Tekna

earl00
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:25 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by earl00 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:36 am

Hi all, I've read through this thread however I'm not sure which cables or pins to swap to get the reverse camera working on my J11 2014. I've got the NS-SS-04 canbus and tried plugging in the yellow RCA cable into all the available female ports however it just switches to a blank screen when putting in reverse. Side note: I don't have the fancy 360 camera or bose system, just the factory reverse camera. Could it be the incorrect canbus settings I'm selecting in the factory settings on the radio, or just the wrong canbus version, or would it more likely be down to the pins on the wiring harness that's incorrect? Any help would be much appericated.

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post