TPMS sensors not on car

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

thank you for your reply, Nissan have replaced a faulty valve and up and running now

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Just thought I'd ask in here rather than start a new thread. I'm getting a tyre replaced tomorrow via Black Circles at a local Peoples Ford garage.

You know what's coming next.....

Will I lose the TPMS valve for a bog standard one? Or can they save it??
2016 - N-Connecta 1.5 DCI. Black. Diamond cut alloys. Panoramic roof.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Icarus, I would think if they are careful enough and it is operative then it will stay, if not then it will have to be replaced undoubtably at your cost. It has to be operative to meet out here TÜV or your MOT Testing as a part installed during manufacture - Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:43 pm Icarus, I would think if they are careful enough and it is operative then it will stay, if not then it will have to be replaced undoubtably at your cost. It has to be operative to meet out here TÜV or your MOT Testing as a part installed during manufacture - Dave 😏
Thanks very much Dave. Typically I saw a post on page 5 just 5 minutes ago (if only I'd looked first!). TPMS is working fine, so I'll give them a friendly warning in the morning that they are there and working!
2016 - N-Connecta 1.5 DCI. Black. Diamond cut alloys. Panoramic roof.
luka

Post by luka »

luka wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:46 pm So, looking at this photos, what you think, is this valve (this is Qashqai rims) with TPMS or not?

Today I replaced summer tires and at the service they make inspection of winter tires and notice there is no TPS presence. Even it is metal valve, there is no sensor unfortunate.
Nissan Qashqai, 1.2 dig-t, Tekna+
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Luka, I assume that you have the newer QQ J11B and you have changed your original Nissan Summer Wheels Complete to Winter Wheels Complete not just the Tyres. Did you buy your Winter Wheels from a Nissan Dealer because they should know it is a “Must” to have the TPMS Valves Installed as the Equipment is there from manufacture or did you buy them from a different Tyre Dealer or Privately (website for example). Whatever the case both should know the TPMS Valves must be fitted and it will cost as they are expensive. Suggest you go back to your Dealer and ask them as these Valves are checked at Car Testing like MOT UK or TÜV Germany - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
luka

Post by luka »

DaveBerlin wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 pm Luka, I assume that you have the newer QQ J11B and you have changed your original Nissan Summer Wheels Complete to Winter Wheels Complete not just the Tyres. Did you buy your Winter Wheels from a Nissan Dealer because they should know it is a “Must” to have the TPMS Valves Installed as the Equipment is there from manufacture or did you buy them from a different Tyre Dealer or Privately (website for example). Whatever the case both should know the TPMS Valves must be fitted and it will cost as they are expensive. Suggest you go back to your Dealer and ask them as these Valves are checked at Car Testing like MOT UK or TÜV Germany - Dave 🤨
I have QQJ11B, 2018. I bought it from private dealer. In a tyre shop when they replacing original summer tyres they noticed it was missing. What you mean by "must have", did you meant it in a term of "must have equipment" or must have in a term presence in wheels? I ordered sensors and they will be installed soon, but there is no problem in driving except warning for tyre that is turned on and present on dashboard :lol:
Nissan Qashqai, 1.2 dig-t, Tekna+
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Luka, please remember that I live in Germany. What I mean is that I believe that all equipment installed on a production line “has to work” when being tested here by the TÜV or the MOT in the UK. It has to function correctly and if it does not it is a “Fail” - I could be wrong though - Dave 😊