Automatic Handbrake Systems

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

BigDave wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:52 pm Hi All, I have a 67 plate 1.5 NConnecta and have had it from 3 months old. Ive done 26600 plus miles, still with origonal tyres although front now on 3mm. My issue is that at it's 2nd service last week the front Brake Pads were at 8mm and the rears are down to 5mm. Anyone know why the rear pads have worn so much when the fronts which I thought worked harder are still at 8mm?? It's not had any pads changed at all.
Maybe the rear pad material or discs are incompatible for some reason? Perhaps the rears are dragging but I would think you'd feel that? Need to keep a future eye on it after replacement. And a close check on the discs.

And you wouldn't know how the car was used in its first 3 months...quite. Mine was a year old...I do worry about that.

3mm is the limit and according to the RAC 25000 to 60000 miles is the life range...dependant on use of course..
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This topic has raised its head again, I suppose you could could call it development and advancement, Old OUT new IN it was obvious at some time this would come - Dave 🤨

“The days of the mechanical handbrake are numbered as three in four new cars sold in Britain now have electronic parking brakes, market research has revealed. Not only will this spell the end for the boy racer's favourite handbrake turn but also signals manufacturers' increasing reliance on electronic parking devices in their latest vehicles, which can result in bigger headaches for drivers if there are any gremlins in the system.”

Manual handbrakes are being replaced by electronic parking systems : https://mol.im/a/8780739
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken