Severe shake/wobble via drivers seat when accelerating

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Ramrod
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Ramrod »

I have a 2011 Acenta + 2. Has been very well behaved since acquiring 10 years ago. However, recently developed a severe shake/wobble transferred via the drivers seat and pedals. Assumed initially that it was wheel balance issue and as the tyres were approaching the time to replace, assumed a balance weight had been thrown, booked in so now have new and recently replaced (January) and balanced tyres all round. Problem still there. It occurs at about 40 mph and disappears at 55 or so. Interestingly, no shake on the steering wheel. I did find something on the forum which related to the issue experienced by various members (including a motor engineer), over the years, but with no apparent conclusion! My garage has had it up on the ramp and jacked up. wheels, mounts checked etc. My garage owner and engineer of many years remains puzzled and cannot identify.
Also having scoured the topics again today the page seems to have disappeared - no doubt operator error by yours truly - new member.
So question is - Has the problem ever been correctly identified and resolved? Comments welcomed.
Many thanks. Ramrod.

Tom4168
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Tom4168 »

It sounds like you need a new drive, I had the same problem and did as you did, but I left it to a friend of mine which is a mechanic and sorted it for me
Ramrod

Post by Ramrod »

Appreciate your interest but not familiar with 'drive'. Could you please elaborate. Which part is that? Thanks.
TROLLEYJACK

Post by TROLLEYJACK »

Usual suspects would be driveshafts , on this chassis the subframe has rubber mounts one or more could be perished, which can give temporary alignment faults at certain speeds ,possible engine or gearbox mounts, track rod end , or any of the related steering suspension components bushes .I once had a motor that gave these symptoms and it turned out to be a bad shock absorber, even though it looked perfectly fine
TJ
2013 IS DCI 1.6 6 SPEED MANUAL NIGHTSHADE

Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.