FAQ: Electric windows with Stop/Start button/iKey

Frequently Asked Questions
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

It looks like a standard feature on left hand drive models.

bozzyloz

Post by bozzyloz »

My September model, the mirrors go in, and windows close automatically when I lock with i key, but I was going to ask if there was any way I could disable one or more windows from locking as I want to have the option of keeping one window partially open for the dog for short periods of time.
1.2 DIG-T petrol pearl black Teckna xtronic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Deactivation Switch; interior sensor:I assume you press the switch to deactivate when someone/something left inside car after locking; does this not stop windows fully closing??
I don't have autoclose via I key on my May model.Gel2015-01-09 14:02:49
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

No autoclose on my May car either.In fact once the cars turned off the windows have no power at all.I find it odd as the sunroof blind and the mirrors do and i don't understand why the windows don't have at least a 30 second delay so they can be closed if left open by mistake.More of a niggle / lack of design thought than a problem.
Nissan no more...
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes this window closing issue is a strange one, most of my cars have done this for years. I notice that virtually everything dies down on the QQ after a short while, even the radio. I wonder if it is down to battery conservation to ensure the battery remains on a high charge due to the stop/start, electric braking system etc. I tried switching the headlights on with ignition off whilst looking for something I had dropped on my drive, but these switch off even when not on auto.
I would also mention that on my previous Yeti you could walk away from the car with all windows and sunroof open, press and hold the lock button on your key fob. The windows, roof would sutomatically close, then the wing mirrors would fold in.jonceebee2015-01-09 15:50:17
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
bozzyloz

Post by bozzyloz »

deactivation switch where is it? After reading that this was possible for mutts and children on the forum I have failed miserably in finding this- and the dealer told me I couldnt do this . Please can you clarify for me a I desperately need to turn off alarm for short periods when dog in back of car....
Gel

Post by Gel »

Button below central lights cluster in cabin; detailed in manual.Appalling dealer denies possibleWhen activated, when you lock car, you'll hear a single beep to confirmactive.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
bozzyloz

Post by bozzyloz »

Brilliant. Thank you. I couldn't see that switch for looking -didn't even register it was a switch which may have something to do with being long sighted... So, windows can stay open and the door alarm off when activated, and when switch not activated windows don't close (although I am convinced that they have done)but mirrors fold on locking with i key.
conrail

Post by conrail »

had a ford that if you left the windows open after locking the car you would hold down the lock button until the windows started to close,
one query though, why is it only the drivers window that has touch button open/closing and not the others, surely the driver needs one touch on ALL windows
RRR
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by RRR »

On my 2019 1.6 Dig-T, there's a few minutes to close the windows after cutting off the ignition.