Chassis Control / Auto start fault

Frequently Asked Questions
Mich1980
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mich1980 »

Hi guys, anyone able to help?
I followed someone help guide regarding the Pressure Sensor pipe. So I took the sensory off and got my bit of wire, I managed to get it down to the second bend and got stuck, so someone’s tip was to use a drill very slowly which I did but wasn’t really getting anywhere but I thought I’ll persevere with it well did the wire not just snap, so now I have a wire stuck in my pipe and my dash board lights up like a Christmas tree
how easy is it to change the pipe? And where do I buy a pipe?
Thank you

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Sorry haven't a clue! Let's hope someone comes along with an answer
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Now then sometimes you can change these pipes and they unscrew from the exhaust manifold no problem. I have changed about 10 of these successfully before I started cleaning them with bike brake cables. But 1 of those 10 didnt unscrew it snapped and it required drilling out. But to get to it to do this I ended up dropping the whole engine and gearbox, probably a bit overkill but I found this more straight forward than doing it in the car as you cant get a drill in there or anything and you cant even see it directly, and removing the manifold wasnt an easy job anyway so just committed to dropping it.

Anyways I wouldnt have a go yourself unless your good on the spanners, if you take it somewhere to get it removed nissans removal is to use a crows foot spanner/socket it's an 11mm and my advise is to get it hot before attempting it and try your best not to get burnt haha.

And when you do the cleaning of the pipe in the future make sure you use a bike brake cable and only turn the drill in the direction the cable is wound so that you dont unwind the cable and get it stuck.

Hope this helps out a bit