Review and thoughts of our new QQ.

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Review and thoughts of our new QQ.

Post by Squashy2 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 am

After the in initial phone call to the insurer on 06/04 they did mention that a note would be put on file? And assured us that as of 11.30am on 06 we were fully covered. I was asked by my Nissan GB/EU Case Manager what, in her words were our 'Demands' and had to reply that I didn't have a clue as this hasn't happened to us before and explained that we may be in a better position to ask after speaking with our Solicitors.

Cod

Post by Cod » Tue May 04, 2021 10:18 am

When I purchased my QQ in Dec 2019 I waited a month for the V5 and it didn't come. Had to contact the dealership and they hadn't even sent it off! When they finally got it done they'd spelt my name wrong and I had to send it off again.
Added to the issues I have with the car, it wasn't the best experience!
(They are making up for it now at least)
2018 Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6Dci 4x4

Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:08 am

Cod wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:18 am
When I purchased my QQ in Dec 2019 I waited a month for the V5 and it didn't come. Had to contact the dealership and they hadn't even sent it off! When they finally got it done they'd spelt my name wrong and I had to send it off again.
Added to the issues I have with the car, it wasn't the best experience!
(They are making up for it now at least)
According to the DVLA during conversation it happens quite regularly, if we had been given the green new keeper slip by the Dealership and had sent it away by recorded post things would have at least started rolling, as my insurers said, the new owner/keeper have a couple of weeks grace to correct the information with DVLA, but as we were told by the General Manager that the error would have eventually been picked up during an internal audit in a few weeks or so this could have put us in theory a couple of months down the line with an unknown to us invalid insurance, it could have become very messy and through no fault of us.
The Dealership has said that they will have to address this issue within their operating practices. Only time will tell with that.

I must add that during the two lengthy visits that the QQ has had with them to try and rectify (unsuccessful on two items) the Warranty issues they have been exemplary, friendly and helpful. New X-Trail as a courtesy car for nearly two weeks at no cost to us. It's just a shame that their sales team let the Dealership down on our purchase.