Review and thoughts of our new QQ.

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Squashy2 »

After the in initial phone call to the insurer on 06/04 they did mention that a note would be put on file? And assured us that as of 11.30am on 06 we were fully covered. I was asked by my Nissan GB/EU Case Manager what, in her words were our 'Demands' and had to reply that I didn't have a clue as this hasn't happened to us before and explained that we may be in a better position to ask after speaking with our Solicitors.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)

Cod

Post by Cod »

When I purchased my QQ in Dec 2019 I waited a month for the V5 and it didn't come. Had to contact the dealership and they hadn't even sent it off! When they finally got it done they'd spelt my name wrong and I had to send it off again.
Added to the issues I have with the car, it wasn't the best experience!
(They are making up for it now at least)
Gone... 2018 Qashqai Tekna 1.6Dci 4x4 Metallic Red
Replaced With... 2019 Qashqai Tekna 1.7Dci 4x4 Pearlescent Storm White
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Cod wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:18 am When I purchased my QQ in Dec 2019 I waited a month for the V5 and it didn't come. Had to contact the dealership and they hadn't even sent it off! When they finally got it done they'd spelt my name wrong and I had to send it off again.
Added to the issues I have with the car, it wasn't the best experience!
(They are making up for it now at least)
According to the DVLA during conversation it happens quite regularly, if we had been given the green new keeper slip by the Dealership and had sent it away by recorded post things would have at least started rolling, as my insurers said, the new owner/keeper have a couple of weeks grace to correct the information with DVLA, but as we were told by the General Manager that the error would have eventually been picked up during an internal audit in a few weeks or so this could have put us in theory a couple of months down the line with an unknown to us invalid insurance, it could have become very messy and through no fault of us.
The Dealership has said that they will have to address this issue within their operating practices. Only time will tell with that.

I must add that during the two lengthy visits that the QQ has had with them to try and rectify (unsuccessful on two items) the Warranty issues they have been exemplary, friendly and helpful. New X-Trail as a courtesy car for nearly two weeks at no cost to us. It's just a shame that their sales team let the Dealership down on our purchase.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Quick update.
After the initial complaint was raised with both NCS, Nissan GB and Dealership (NCS were a complete waste of time) after several weeks of phone calls and emails we were finally given the contact details of the Franchise Director who covers the several Dealerships that the Parent company owns.
After contacting him via email on Wednesday we received a phone call earlier today, extremely nice guy and after a lengthy discussion the complaint has reached an amicable conclusion.
He has kindly offered as an apology and a gesture of goodwill, a free service (4th) worth £299, the Dealership will order and fit a set of genuine Nissan mud flaps and Genuine Nissan sill guard covers free of charge. I think that this is an extremely fair conclusion and through his help has fully restored our faith in the Dealership.
Mrs QQ is over the moon that the complaint is finally over and can now get back to enjoying her car again.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Cod

Post by Cod »

Glad to hear your finally got it sorted! (unrelated to the V5)

I finally had my issues sorted on Wednesday. Resulted in a new car!

Have to agree NCS are a complete waste of time, I only got somewhere when I get in touch with the dealership managed and he sorted it out with Nissan directly.
Gone... 2018 Qashqai Tekna 1.6Dci 4x4 Metallic Red
Replaced With... 2019 Qashqai Tekna 1.7Dci 4x4 Pearlescent Storm White
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Hi Cod,
Yes this was in relation to the V5c error, sounds like you did even better than we did, but we are quite happy now.
Secret is to keep nibbling away at the Dealership until they cave in.
Tell us your secret to having the car replaced, you Had an extremely good settlement.
I cannot agree more, NCS and Nissan GB were a complete waste of time, no reply to emails or phone calls, we had a case manager over in France that was utterly useless. Spent more time chasing them up than driving our car. We did have a Solicitor on standby but just wanted the complaint to be finished. We both really like our QQ, with the free added extras will make it so much better.
I will however say that the Service team at the Dealership have been fantastic, the Service Manager Louise and team especially Naomi and Jim (Technical wizard) have shown fantastic customer service, replied to phone calls and e-mails, fixed, cured all issues under warranty and I cannot praise them enough.
Just wondering which courtesy car I will have next, so far I've had a brand new X-Trail (twice) brand new pocket rocket Juke, would be nice to end with a GTR but I'm thinking more like a Micra, but no complaints with whatever I get. I've never been given brand new (few hundred miles) courtesy car before, usually a couple of years old, tired and not the cleanest. This maybe a Covid thing that I've had these cars?
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts