Flat battery and mechanical key didn't work

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Nimrod801
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Nimrod801 »

Well that was an expensive day in lock down.

Couldn't get into my Qashqai, battery was absolutely flat and mechanical key wouldn't work. The car is only 3 years old and this is the 2nd battery in 12 months (1st one was recalled). Had to call RAC who got in through the door using mini airbags and then pulled the bonnet latch with a large rod . New battery cost £214.99 because, "... it's a stop/start type..." what happened to the cheap batteries I remember fitting to our mini.... Now need to submit a warranty claim to sort mechanical key issue but they're all shut

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Nimrod801 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:22 pm Well that was an expensive day in lock down.

Couldn't get into my Qashqai, battery was absolutely flat and mechanical key wouldn't work. The car is only 3 years old and this is the 2nd battery in 12 months (1st one was recalled). Had to call RAC who got in through the door using mini airbags and then pulled the bonnet latch with a large rod . New battery cost £214.99 because, "... it's a stop/start type..." what happened to the cheap batteries I remember fitting to our mini.... Now need to submit a warranty claim to sort mechanical key issue but they're all shut
Thats a bloody worry when the mech key fails. Try Nissan Customer Services to get the complaint recorded...at least. RAC will have the record anyway?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

collected my qahqai on March 24, day after lockdown, collected just as dealer closed, on the way home the low tyre warning light came on, spent the next couple of days checking the tyre pressures, all fine, and trying to reset the pressure unit, emailed nissan who advised me I had recovery, called recovery who informed me no sensors in the tyres, 2 weeks later dealers emailed to say they were open for mot's & servicing but had to book online, so booked and put in about the warning light, was given a date/time/location, 35 miles away, took it in and one valve was faulty and was replaced, so much for recovery, don't think he even checked the car, anyway, digressing, can't remember if this is the form or not, sorry, but you can give it a try: https://www.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/ser ... -a-service, hope I have been helpful
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

RAC overcharged you. :(
Couple of years back I had my my dealer fit new battery (Mitsubishi) and was around £100,
including labour.
No BCM reprogramming needed for new battery, as capacity/ charging rate the same.

I'd get dealer to put in a goodwill claim on your behalf, as they have had known battery issues, and many had
batteries replaced by RAC, who were free issued them by Nissan.
Car had to be in warranty though.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D