Dynamic mirror indicators paired with Ultra thin LED strips

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

The only problem with these ultra thin LED/indicators they start to burn out, I have several spots along mine where they have gone brown and the led no longer lights on those spots.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights

lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

RiveriaMan wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:14 pm I have also done this, but took it a step further and connected the white DRL feed as well. So white normally and then dynamic orange when indicating. Combined with the dynamic side indicators that are also far better front on than originals, then shouldn’t have any issues with others from the front at roundabouts on sunny days now.
Nice! You could even remove the original orange halogen bulb for a smoother effect. ;)
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

lapalmeraie wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:37 am
RiveriaMan wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:14 pm I have also done this, but took it a step further and connected the white DRL feed as well. So white normally and then dynamic orange when indicating. Combined with the dynamic side indicators that are also far better front on than originals, then shouldn’t have any issues with others from the front at roundabouts on sunny days now.
Nice! You could even remove the original orange halogen bulb for a smoother effect. ;)
Wouldn't that make the indicators flash twice as fast?
2010 Acenta 1.5 dci (Sold)
2016 N-connecta 1.2 dig-t (Sold)
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Hmmm; I hadn't thought of that! Then you should use a resistance as well which would make it more of a hassle indeed.
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
VictoryQQ

Post by VictoryQQ »

I like your led strips DRL&Indicators on Quasqai J11B. I will try to fit it all the way down to the center as for the original design in the Xenon lamp unit. If anyone else has tried, please share. Otherwise I’ll share soon my findings if it looks nice or not
Qq J11B 2019 1.3DiGT 160hp Connecta. Upgrades: chrome front bumper lower edge, chrome rear boot edge, LED tail lights, manual push switch on tail light and cam, xenon headlight low beam and LED high beam, automatic doors locking
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Not sure how I missed the comment before about removing bulb and smoother look, but the most recent post obviously brought it back up and peaked my curiosity, so today with nothing better to do with new tier restrictions thought I would see if flash rate would increase or bulb warnings on dash. So removed both indicator bulbs and can report no change at all to flash rate and no warning lights. So will leave like this now as it does have a cleaner look without them. I can only assume sufficient resistance already in the DRL strips dynamic controller unit so hence no rapid flashing.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
sublime_logic

Post by sublime_logic »

am looking to install these on mine did you connect the wires up near the original ones going to the wires or closer to the fuse been looking at guides and some do it one way and others do it near the fuse so looking for some advice?
QASHQAI 2017 J11 1.5 dci Tekna
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

These ultra thin DRL dynamic indicators come with three wires on each strip. For the indicating function then I simply connected these two wires locally at each original bulb location and tapped into original wires. To get the DRL function as well then took a common feed from the engine bay fuse box to both of the strips to connect to the third wire.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
Euden01

Post by Euden01 »

Nice welcome puddle lights where did you get them from and how much?

Kind regards
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Hi Euden01, I got mine from eBay, I went for the older Nissan version p/n KE2954E001 that according to the item descriptions shouldn’t fit my age of vehicle but it did. But the older version of the Nissan puddle light kit is so much cheaper at around £50-£60 (which is still a lot for what it is, two plastic strips with some leds) would certainly not pay the asking price that some eBay sellers have for the newer version of the Nissan puddle light kit. (£200). As per this topic
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7209&start=10