Cruise Control and Speed Limiter not working

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
SteBeardface
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by SteBeardface »

Hi everyone. I have had a 2017 Qashqai Tekna DCi for about 2 years now and recently it has been playing up in terms of cruise control and the speed limiter not working. Pressing the buttons to turn them on are fine, but engaging them doesn't work. I thought it was the DPF regenerating, but I don't think this is the case. It was with the mechanic yesterday, he changed the glow plugs after having the engine management light on all last week, but he found no other problems or fault codes and the controls still do not work.

The car has been driven on the motorway at least 15 mins twice a day for the last year and a half and had no issues until recently, so I personally don't believe it's a DPF issue, but I could well be wrong.

Any ideas on what the issue might be and/or what to do to sort this out?

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

This problem is somewhat complex because of the Engine Management Unit (ECU) control of the engine and facilitates Cruise Control (AUTOMATIC SPEED CONTROL DEVICE (ASCD))

Its not possible to speculate (guess) without error codes (DTCs) and which should be apparent because your Cruise Control is effectively disabled. Anything that the ECU considers wrong from sensors will disable ASCD, Start/Stop, ABS and so on. That does include Exhaust gas problems very often, particularly with older cars. The Battery is another annoying issue as well.

There are many engine related error codes (DTCs) which may not be detected by non Nissan OBD (diagnostic) tools. Only Nissan has the correct diagnostic tool called CONSULT.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

I had the same problem on my 2015 Qashqai (CVT). It also ran alongside, a stop/start fault. When the car was taken in by Nissan to be looked at, a faulty battery was diagnosed, and replaced under warranty. It cured all the problems, and they worked fine after the battery was replaced. I also had an amber engine management light showing. I'm not saying yours will be the same problem, but it might be worth telling your dealer this, so that they can check the battery out? Best of luck.

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
SteBeardface

Post by SteBeardface »

Thanks for the info guys

I took it in this evening, his computer pulled up error codes P0095/96, which seems to be a common issue according to a Google search. Mechanic doesn't seem to think it's the IAT2 sensor, he's convinced it's the mass air flow sensor throwing everything off?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The Nissan diagnostics I have show for the R9M diesel engine

IAT2 Turbo charger Boost Pressure (intake air cooling)
IAT1 MAF Temp sensor

That may be out of date, so is confusing really.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Tried google and found this
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.