IMO Car Wash Thoughts?

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, Thanks for the info’ on my next Amazon Order I will give it a try. I have just been using up a tube of “Happich Semi-Chrome” Paste to shine up the QQ Chrome / St. Stl. which I used to use in my Toolmaking Days for Polishing our Razor Molds that was before I got promoted to a Desk Job. I have just ordered some “Autosol” Semi-Chrome” to give that a try.
Just spent some time sitting on my Bum spraying the Front Black Grill and cleaning the corners with Ear Buds (Plastic Ones now banned but I have a stock) it’s a pain but worth it.
This makes me sound Old but I do have some WiFI Hearing Aids from “Amplifon” and I bought them only if I could maintain them myself, so I have all the Gear, included is an Aerosol Air Spray which is pretty handy for getting into difficult dusty corners.
I am Not a “Detailer” really 🤫 - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

amz2740

Post by amz2740 »

Hi all, great to see all the photos of your gleaming cars. I decided not to opt for the IMO Car washes in the end. After watching multiple 'Detailing' videos, i got really into them...it's like a whole new world. :D

I did my first wash last week interior and exterior using mainly autoglym products. I'm yet to use snow foam, but really want to give that a try next.

Garage neatly organised this weekend, ready for my next full wash.

Last edited by amz2740 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 (19 Plate) 1.5 Tekna Black
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well Done, you look like you have quailified as an organised “Detailer”. I am a great believer in these Plastic Stack Boxes All of my Nissan Stuff is in them and stacking saves space --Dave 👍😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
amz2740

Post by amz2740 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:29 pm Well Done, you look like you have quailified as an organised “Detailer”. I am a great believer in these Plastic Stack Boxes All of my Nissan Stuff is in them and stacking saves space --Dave 👍😉
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

amz2740 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:04 pm Hi all, great to see all the photos of your gleaming cars. I decided not to opt for the IMO Car washes in the end. After watching multiple 'Detailing' videos, i got really into them...it's like a whole new world. :D

I did my first wash last week interior and exterior using mainly autoglym products. I'm yet to use snow foam, but really want to give that a try next.

You've got an impressive set up in your garage. You really need to give snow foam a try, it's fun and it does loosen any dirt on your car (as long as you've got a power washer and a snow foam cannon) I use Autobrite Magifoam, it comes out so thick that you can let it dwell for around 10 to 15 minutes before power washing off.

As you like Autoglym products you could give their Polar Collection a try, I also use this too (I like to try out different products) The Polar Blast is a snow foam prewash and the Polar Wash is a shampoo that you apply using a snow foam cannon, the beauty of this is that your shampoo goes directly onto the car bodywork and you only need a rinse bucket for your wash mitt. I found it better to do a few panels at a time, that way there's no chance of the shampoo drying out before you get your wash mitt on it. The Polar Seal is brilliant, again apply all over your car with the snow foam cannon then power wash it straight off and it leaves a hydrophobic coating on your car.

I also mix my snow foams, all purpose cleaners etc with deionised water.

As for microfibre towels can I suggest that you use the edgeless type, I use premium edgeless towels from Ultimate Finish, Eagle edgeless buffing towels from The Rag Company and Gyeons own make buffing towels to use with my Gyeon products.

My power washer is a BigBoi Washr with the upgraded hose and short reach stubby gun. In my photos you'll see that I also have a cordless Bosch Fontus power washer, this has a 15L tank and I use it rinse my car down with deionised water as the last step of my cleaning process.

I've managed to organise all my cleaning gear into my new 6x4 shed.

2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.
amz2740

Post by amz2740 »

malvern_man wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:14 pm
amz2740 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:04 pm Hi all, great to see all the photos of your gleaming cars. I decided not to opt for the IMO Car washes in the end. After watching multiple 'Detailing' videos, i got really into them...it's like a whole new world. :D

You've got an impressive set up in your garage. You really need to give snow foam a try, it's fun and it does loosen any dirt on your car (as long as you've got a power washer and a snow foam cannon) I use Autobrite Magifoam, it comes out so thick that you can let it dwell for around 10 to 15 minutes before power washing off.

As you like Autoglym products you could give their Polar Collection a try, I also use this too (I like to try out different products) The Polar Blast is a snow foam prewash and the Polar Wash is a shampoo that you apply using a snow foam cannon, the beauty of this is that your shampoo goes directly onto the car bodywork and you only need a rinse bucket for your wash mitt. I found it better to do a few panels at a time, that way there's no chance of the shampoo drying out before you get your wash mitt on it. The Polar Seal is brilliant, again apply all over your car with the snow foam cannon then power wash it straight off and it leaves a hydrophobic coating on your car.

As for microfibre towels can I suggest that you use the edgeless type, I use premium edgeless towels from Ultimate Finish, Eagle edgeless buffing towels from The Rag Company and Gyeons own make buffing towels to use with my Gyeon products.

My power washer is a BigBoi Washr with the upgraded hose and short reach stubby gun. In my photos you'll see that I also have a cordless Bosch Fontus power washer, this has a 15L tank and I use it rinse my car down with deionised water as the last step of my cleaning process.

Thank you for all this information, really helpful! Will be giving some of the products you suggested a go. Loving your setup too, very organised!

I'm definitely going to give snow foam a try soon. I'm yet to polish/wax the car, so the day I do that I wanted to snow foam first just to make sure it's super clean before hand.

I was abit hesitant at first re snow foam mainly because I have a shared drive with my car and neighbours side by side, didn't want to get the snow foam over his car too by mistake lol.
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

amz2740 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:06 pm

did my first wash last week interior and exterior using mainly autoglym products. I'm yet to use snow foam, but really want to give that a try next.

Thank you for all this information, really helpful! Will be giving some of the products you suggested a go. Loving your setup too, very organised!

I'm definitely going to give snow foam a try soon. I'm yet to polish/wax the car, so the day I do that I wanted to snow foam first just to make sure it's super clean before hand.

I was abit hesitant at first re snow foam mainly because I have a shared drive with my car and neighbours side by side, didn't want to get the snow foam over his car too by mistake lol.

Either snow foam it while your neighbour is out or ask him/her to move their car. I've had snow foam on my neighbours car when a gust of wind has caught it. Can you snow foam it on the road then rinse it off then move it back onto the drive for the contact wash.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.
amz2740

Post by amz2740 »

malvern_man wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:24 pm
amz2740 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Either snow foam it while your neighbour is out or ask him/her to move their car. I've had snow foam on my neighbours car when a gust of wind has caught it. Can you snow foam it on the road then rinse it off then move it back onto the drive for the contact wash.
Thanks, yes I was considering doing it on the road and moving back. Or will wait till they out like you said.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, pretty damn impressive if this is just for the QQ what do you have for Cleaning the House ! 🤫
If I had this collection over here and used it I think I would be “Hung Drawn & Quartered”. Sorting that lot out before use must be a planning nightmare and must take longer than cleaning the QQ, but the End Result is what is important, interesting subject inc the Tips - Thanks Dave 😊
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

If only I could find a... carwash that used all those wonderful products I have seen here! Incredible!
Would be utterly expensive though... No doubt!
Congrats for the dedication some people have for their... Loved ones!