IMO Car Wash Thoughts?

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man »

DaveBerlin wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:32 pm OK Malvern_man & Weasel, you have converted me to give this wonder stuff a try called Gyeon Q2M Wet Coat from Amazon, but it’s more expensive @ £13,69 but my UK Pension will pay for that though. Will I then be called a “Detailer” or something else 😋 .
Chris, still impressed with that “Shine Armor” Stuff it’s still doing the job - Regards Dave 😉

Hi Dave,

We'll make a detailer out of you soon :lol:

Remember you can only use Gyeon Wet Coat on a wet car.

I spent the day on my QQ today and finished off the wheels with wet coat, I was suitably impressed with the glossyness of the wheels.

I also tried out the Gyeon Q2M Bathe+ shampoo and I was very impressed with the gloss and the instant hydrophobic coating it leaves behind.

I rinsed the car first, applied APC ( all purpose cleaner ) to the lower panels, then snow foamed over the top and let it dwell for 5 to 10 minutes. After jet washing the snow foam off I washed the car with a car mitt and a solution of Bathe+ using the 2 bucket method. Before drying the car I sprayed the Gyeon wet coat on my wheels and jet washed off immediately. I finished off the tyres with some tyre dressing.

Photos below....

2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, Whoops never going to be a “Detailer”, what I forgot is we cannot use this stuff privately in Germany (Pollution) and also it will be difficult to use it in a Manual Autowash (blocking the Box) as the others will get impatient. 😩 Look like I am stuck and will continue to use Shine Armor, some you win some you lose !
QQ looks nice after the Wash - Black is beautiful when Clean ! - Dave 👍 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:55 am Chris, Whoops never going to be a “Detailer”, what I forgot is we cannot use this stuff privately in Germany (Pollution) and also it will be difficult to use it in a Manual Autowash (blocking the Box) as the others will get impatient. 😩 Look like I am stuck and will continue to use Shine Armor, some you win some you lose !
QQ looks nice after the Wash - Black is beautiful when Clean ! - Dave 👍 😉

Dave,

As you purchased your Gyeon wet coat from Amazon you can just return it and get a refund. There are lots of similar products that can be used on either a wet or dry car. Have a look at the Gyeon Q2M Quick Detailer spray or even the Gyeon Q2M Ceramic detailer...other products and makes are also available.

Regards, Chris.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, for the price I will just write it off as experience or perhaps even use it 🤫 - Dave 🤭
I might try using a Pressure Water Container to Wet an area and then give it a go with Wet Coat - Bit by Bit.

I have dug into the use of Water Laws and basically the use of Water for Car Washing is NOT allowed to be used : on Main or Side Streets, unmade ground, open land, House or Appartment gardens or parking areas, garden hoses also not allowed, polluted / dirty water etc etc..
So in a Nut Shell Car Washing is only allowed in Auto Wash Areas where the water is filtered and separated.
Now what is allowed is that the windows can be cleaned with the minimum amount of clean water and the car can be polished.

The problem that could be here is that you have upset the neighbor, he sees you Washing the car, he contacts the “Ordnungsamt” who are a group similar to the Police who can be called to investigate this type of situation - the result being a Warning or fine !
I can fully understand the logic behind these strict laws regarding the Environment, we used to be regularly Checked that our Blade Grinding Lines Water / Oil went in the correct Water Canal System, if any pollution was found it cost in a big way.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:15 pm Chris, for the price I will just write it off as experience or perhaps even use it 🤫 - Dave 🤭
I might try using a Pressure Water Container to Wet an area and then give it a go with Wet Coat - Bit by Bit.

I have dug into the use of Water Laws and basically the use of Water for Car Washing is NOT allowed to be used : on Main or Side Streets, unmade ground, open land, House or Appartment gardens or parking areas, garden hoses also not allowed, polluted / dirty water etc etc..
So in a Nut Shell Car Washing is only allowed in Auto Wash Areas where the water is filtered and separated.
Now what is allowed is that the windows can be cleaned with the minimum amount of clean water and the car can be polished.

The problem that could be here is that you have upset the neighbor, he sees you Washing the car, he contacts the “Ordnungsamt” who are a group similar to the Police who can be called to investigate this type of situation - the result being a Warning or fine !
I can fully understand the logic behind these strict laws regarding the Environment, we used to be regularly Checked that our Blade Grinding Lines Water / Oil went in the correct Water Canal System, if any pollution was found it cost in a big way.

Hi Dave,

A pump sprayer should be enough to wet the panels ( just do a couple of panels at a time ) and then you can use the Gyeon wet coat as a drying aid. The other products that I mentioned can be used of a dry car, that's what I do. I wash and they towel dry the car then use a quick detailer or a ceramic detailer on the dry bodywork.

It's a good job there's not the same car washing laws here in the UK, there would be anarchy if they did :lol:

The drains where I am must be the cleanest in the area, they've had snow foam, all purpose cleaner, wheel shampoo and spray on/rinse off coatings etc etc down them.

If garden hoses aren't allowed how do you water you garden plants and your lawn etc.

Regards, Chris.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, the word is “Car Washing” - garden hoses are not allowed for that purpose. For the Gardens & the Nature they are allowed we have Automatic, Sprinklers, Hand Held Hoses All are allowed - Dave 🧐
Germany is the place for Clean Cars that is why the Auto Washes make a fortune and are Big, but I must say the facilities are good and clean.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

For the “Detailers”, this might be of interest - Dave 😊

THE BEST SPRAY & RINSE CAR WAX/SEALANT :
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

Thanks for the video Dave, I'll give it a viewing later on.

Not sure if you're into interior 'detailing' but I've always been a bit sceptical of the 'one spray does all' type of interior cleaners until today that is....I tried the Gyeon Q2M Interior Detailer, wow, was I impressed...oh yes.

It's just so easy to use, 2 to 3 spritzes onto a microfibre and wipe, it flashes off virtually instantaneously, I then buffed over the surfaces with another microfibre cloth but it wasn't really necessary. Also I can't believe how little product I used and I cleaned the interior from front to back.

I think the interior of my Tekna+ looks better than when I first bought it.

There's a few reviews and 'how to use' videos on YouTube if you're interested.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, I am not a fanatic about Detailing but I do like Cleanliness. I will follow your Tip up of the Gyeon Q2M Interior Detailer, but just one question when you brake do you slide under the Steering Wheel ? 🤣 A Few Years back I cleaned our Winter Rubber Mats with Black Cleaner like an idiot and the wife ended under the Dash Whoops ! Yesterday I polished the Alloy Pedals, but luckily they have Rubber Inserts that stand proud that prevents the feet sliding, but I still got the comment from the Missus - Dave 🥴
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:33 am Chris, I am not a fanatic about Detailing but I do like Cleanliness. I will follow your Tip up of the Gyeon Q2M Interior Detailer, but just one question when you brake do you slide under the Steering Wheel ? 🤣 A Few Years back I cleaned our Winter Rubber Mats with Black Cleaner like an idiot and the wife ended under the Dash Whoops ! Yesterday I polished the Alloy Pedals, but luckily they have Rubber Inserts that stand proud that prevents the feet sliding, but I still got the comment from the Missus - Dave 🥴

Hi Dave,

The interior detailer doesn't add any gloss or polish, it just cleans, it's a 60% alcohol based formula, that's why it flashes off almost instantaneously.

From the Gyeon website...

Keep your interior clean and purified for you and your passengers. Q2M Interior Detailer removes the majority of organic contaminants easily and effectively. Use it as a refreshing quick detailer on all interior surfaces. Safe on Leather, Plastic, Alcantara, Fabrics, glass and all types of trim.

Regards, Chris.