isanyone out there having problems with the front emergency braking system on their 2018 model

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
barry h.
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by barry h. »

i am having problems with my car .The front emergency braking systems activates without any thing being in front of my car and on several occasions has braked suddenly nearly causing an accident with the vehicles behind me

Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

There have been at least 2 software updates since initial release that need to be done at the dealers, have you had those?

Iirc there was also a hardware replacement for some units.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I have noticed that the system can activate (the initial flashing light on the dash phase) if driving rapidly towards a sharp bend, the electronic system "sees" the wall/hedge, etc. as a threat.
The same system saved me from major damage in my previous car when a car whose brake lights were faulty stopped without warning.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

There have been other reports on here of problems.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

What Mike has mentioned has happened with our QQ especially approaching a Corner too quickly, or driving too fast when suddenly a vehicle in front slows quickly or if a vehicle just turns off quickly - happened twice this week in fact. Nothing major but the Warning System definitely Wakes you up to the consequences and possible problems.
Definitely if it’s Braking related it’s worth a Nissan Dealer visit - better safe than sorry ! 👍
I have had no Software Updates or been informed of any !
I had this type of action also on the older J11A but mainly due to fast cornering, although a couple of times it saved us with a Full Braking Action due to idiots seeing a parking place and just Braking causing behind a chain reaction - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

Mine is a 2019 J11B, and there was a software update earlier this year.

Before that it was a piece of crap, and made me worried to drive in certain places, and it was always alerting yellow to an obstruction, and sometimes red and applying brakes when there was a slight bend in the road with a railing, or a low section in a car park. Since the latest update, it has got a lot better.

It was previously updated in September 2020, so the updates to the radar system are still very much happening.

Hopefully you are still within warranty,.....
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
Mark65

Post by Mark65 »

Hi,
I experienced the emergency braking on Friday, it kicked in on a corner i go past everyday although this time there were two women with a pram, bloody s**t me up it did. Mines a 2019 but I still cant update the software on it, I get the amber and red warnings but this is the first time its actually worked.

Mark
2019 Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.5 dCi
Tofutoffee

Post by Tofutoffee »

Hi, we purchased a used 2018 QQ from a Nissan dealer in September, having traded in our 2014 Acenta Premium. On several occasions recently the emergency braking system has kicked in unexpectedly and has frightened the life out of me. Luckily no-one was driving too closely behind me so an accident was averted. I have read this and other posts that show this is an ongoing issue, has anyone had any support from Nissan regarding this issue? I feel it needs a recall but doesn’t look like one is imminent. I did contact Nissan customer service today but they weren’t particularly helpful. Any advice would be very much appreciated from anyone on the forum.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Tofutoffee wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:31 pm Hi, we purchased a used 2018 QQ from a Nissan dealer in September, having traded in our 2014 Acenta Premium. On several occasions recently the emergency braking system has kicked in unexpectedly and has frightened the life out of me. Luckily no-one was driving too closely behind me so an accident was averted. I have read this and other posts that show this is an ongoing issue, has anyone had any support from Nissan regarding this issue? I feel it needs a recall but doesn’t look like one is imminent. I did contact Nissan customer service today but they weren’t particularly helpful. Any advice would be very much appreciated from anyone on the forum.
Personally, I’d be tempted to take it straight to the dealer and describe the problem.
They might be able to find something, alleviate your fears or do a software update.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)