Pertol\deisel vehicle Ban by 2030

The place to discuss everything else..
Lfcevans
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Lfcevans »

Hi.

Just wonderig what peoples thoughts are about the proposed ban on deisel/petrol vehicles sales in the UK by 2030. I am not very political but have heard that Labour plan to or its already in place to do such a thing

Are we all going to to have to go with the the EV option eventually. ?

I dont subscribe to changing my car on a regular basis, I usually keep it for many years with regular services.

I personally am not a fan of electric vehicles, I have used a couple and they are great to drive and use, but prefer the ICE.

I dont know how they are going to transform our present use of ICE vehicles without a huge cost, and that cost will be down to the motorist to pay I would imagine

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

It won't happen as they make too much money on fuel. πŸ€‘πŸ€‘
AndyMorris
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by AndyMorris »

Manufacturers just won't be producing ice vehicles, current ice vehicles will be around years after this and will be on the roads for many years to come buying fuel.
Tekna E-Power, Ceramic grey 2 tone.
Ordered 17th Jan expected 31st March arrived 30th May 2023!
Mark65

Post by Mark65 »

Not interested in EV at all, by the time you only charge between 20 and 80 percent to make battery's last longer thats cost you nearly half you driving distance, add cold weather to that and loose more, battery warranty is around 5 years and outside of that if anything goes wrong will cost a fortune as it will be dealer only for the most part.
Have a major accident and hope you can just be towed for repairs not to mention the battery packs combusting now and then, so thanks but my diesel is far safer can go huge distances without worrying about charging it or cod weather, they may be better around town but the battery technology needs sorting so they don't burst into flames.
Just my view on them.
2019 Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.5 dCi
2020 Suzuki SV650
Lfcevans

Post by Lfcevans »

@AndyMorris
You may be correct about ICE cars being around a long time, but if they Steadily put a heavier and heavier tax (even more than now) on the fuel, or /and the road tax for them or even limiting your mileage or places you can go it will stifle the use of them and then wont be worth owning one. This will then force you to change to electric.

The Govt are pushing us to the net Zero whether its good or bad
Lfcevans

Post by Lfcevans »

@Mark65

My thoughts exactly