ACM - City One

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nissan have mentioned the possibility of a new Japanese Kei Vehicle in 2022, take a look at this.This small City One Vehicle has appeared @ the IAA Show this week from the German company ACM, and this little battery-swappable EV the City One looks interesting - Dave 😉

FF150A3A-5C09-4643-BCED-16C18ADBA55D.jpeg

7148A878-54F7-4477-83B6-A4F3DAD39929.jpeg

Quote Jalopnik : “The City One is designed like a Japanese Kei-type “tall boy” small car—small exterior dimensions, with a tall, boxy body to maximize interior space. Adaptive City Mobility (ACM) designed the car (which is actually a bit bigger than Kei-class dimensions, at 141.7 inches long) to be a sort of multi-purpose, primarily city transportation tool, capable of being used as a taxi, shared-use car, small delivery van, and as a general passenger car.”
What I think really makes this little EV so interesting is how it handles its batteries and recharging. There’s a primary battery in the car that I think is mounted flat under the floor, the now-standard EV skateboard approach, but there are also four slots under the rear cargo floor that can take 2.5 kWh battery modules, each weighing just over 23 pounds. All together, these removable 48V batteries seem to add about 75 miles of range, if I’m reading the specs correctly. It appears that the main battery has a range of about 149 miles, and then these four swappable batteries add their 75 miles, and can be very quickly and easily swapped.

Home | ACM - Adaptive City Mobility : https://acm.city/home/

ACM CITY ONE: The cleanest and cheapest km in its class! :
ACM City One Electric LIVE @ IAA Mobility 2021 :
ACM City One 2021 - 2022 Review, Photos, Exhibition, Exterior and Interior :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I've looked into this in detail.

My brother of course thinks it's ridiculous, as he does my Ignis, but then he drives a Tesla!

There is certainly criticism of carrying spare batteries on the roof.

I'll believe this one when I see it becoming available widely - might be just another "flash in the pan".

I did pre-register for a Twizy but was put off by the battery lease costs involved and never pursued it.

The problem with a lot of these small low-powered vehicles - cars and bikes - is that they have a limited top speed. I live slightly outside Gloucester and many of the surrounding roads are 50mph with the Gloucester northern bypass used frequently at 70mph. Would I feel safe?

The Twizy could reach 50mph, reportedly slowly. At least this one, the ONE, has a reported top speed of 68mph, but I don't know how that might affect its range.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, I also was also looking at the Twizzy when the no Door / Windows Options were available as a City runaround. Buffy wrote recently about the safety of the MG, but I for one would feel far more safe in an MG than one of these small vehicles.
I can understand your concerns but the ideas are great, speeds not so high, but build strength and safety are an issue and it depends on who or what hits you - Dave 😏

“As the Renault Twizy is classed as a quadricycle, it's not subject to the same minimum safety requirements as a car. It has been crash tested by Euro NCAP, and while it fared better than most other quadricycles, it still only scored two out of five stars.”
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken