Schaeffler Paravan (Nissan/Infiniti Steer by Wire)

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Firstly All the Very Best to You All for the New Year 2021, Stay Safe and lets Hope 2021 is a Better Year for All !
Topics at present seem to be slowing down for obvious reasons and most have some time on their hands, therefore I have posted this. Perhaps many members might find this a little boring because it is basically information on the subject of “Steer-By-Wire Technology” not QQ related but focused more on Disability use - Dave 😉🙏

I was watching a TV Doc recently on this System developed by Schaeffler, firstly it showed a Modified Rally Car video (Ex German Champion) and then a video on the subject of a Race Car Modified for a Severely Disabled Driver. This Guy Janis McDavid actually has a serious arm and leg disability, but a Race Car has been developed for him using the Steer-By-Wire Technique and to me I was absolutely amazed at what can be done to improve the Independence and Quality of Life of Disabled People, although in this case no doubt very costly.
More and more people with Disabilities are becoming involved in Motor Sport. An example of this is Sir Lewis Hamilton’s brother Nicholas who suffers from Cerebral Palsy but Races a Car developed for him in the BTCC.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/08/moto ... index.html

FYI : “In 2012 Infiniti, a Nissan brand, started to deliver Steer-by-Wire cars, these employed an electronic, not mechanical, connection between the steering wheel and the front wheels. Straight line stability was Camera based and helped to keep the car dead-center in the lane. The Infinitis will have backup mechanical steering to avoid steer-into-ditch moments should steer-by-wire go haywire. Infiniti says the system allows for faster driver inputs and better road surface feedback. The Steering wheel has always been connected by a long shaft to a gear in the front of the car that turned the wheels left and right. As cars get heavier, power-assisted steering evolved, first hydraulically and then electrically assisted power steering..The Infiniti steer-by-wire concept breaks new ground because the driver’s wheel motions are transmitted electronically to the front wheels. Infiniti calls it “independent control steering technology” rather than steer-by-wire.”

https://www.extremetech.com/electronics ... iving-cars

Part of the Schaeffler Group is Schaeffler Paravan Technologie GmbH & Co. KG which is a German company specializing in the development of fail-safe Drive-by-Wire Systems - "Space Drive" and chassis system solutions. Schaeffler Paravan Technology is a joint venture (90 percent Schaeffler and 10 percent Paravan GmbH) and was founded in October 2018.

https://www.schaeffler-paravan.de/en/

Watch the full project videos within this above attachment :

“The International Day of Persons with Disabilities raises awareness of the concerns of people with disabilities. The PARAVAN GmbH and Schaeffler Paravan Technologie GmbH & Co. KG impressively demonstrate how inclusion can also work in motor sports. An action that encourages other people to become mobile and overcome barriers. Janis McDavid drove more than 320,000 km without an accident thanks to the drive-by-wire technology Space Drive and with the help of a 4-way joystick in recent years.”

I hope this Post was of interest ! 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken