headlamp washer

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
kellyclan
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by kellyclan »

Hello, returning memeber here. hope I find you all well. I have just brought a 2011 2.0 dci Tekna but it does have a few niggle like:
The headlamp washers I dont seem to be able to get tem to work. no matter what I try, could this be a fuse? pressure from the washer pump?

2. the drivers window autos down but not back up. switch issue do you think?

3, the car seems to shake at motorway speeds from the rear, Im hoping that this is balancing, I have already told the garage where I brought it from that there is a rear wheel bearing whine so it is going back to have that sorted.

Thanks

Scott

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

1. Sorry - don't know

2. Checking the handbook (*) it confirms there is an Auto up as well as down - but there's also a reinitialisation procedure - refer page 2-35:

System reinitialisation:

The driver’s side main power window system will require reinitialisation whenever:

• The power window system does not function properly for example the auto-reverse function is not working.
• The battery cable is reconnected.
• The fuse is replaced.

Perform the following procedure to initialise the power window system.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position
2. Close the door.
3. Push down and hold the driver’s side window switch until the window glass is completely lowered then release the switch.
4. In one continuous operation, pull up and hold the driver’s side window switch until the window glass is completely closed and continue holding the switch for a further 5 seconds.
5. The system is now reinitialised.

If the reinitialisation procedure cannot be performed successfully, take your vehicle to a NISSAN dealer or qualified workshop.

3. Don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if a faulty wheel bearing wasn't causing it.

* - I assume you have a manual - if not I'll send you a PDF one.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
kellyclan
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by kellyclan »

Thanks for that reset procedure I will try the reset this morning. so the car shaking and the bearing noise seems to of been cured somewhat by a mis-shaped rear tyre. I really cnt beleive it was just that, but I'll keep trying it over the next few days just to make sure.

Scott