New QQ, new forum.

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
fender6ix
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by fender6ix »

Hi all,

Picked up my '19 QQ Tekna today. Enjoying all the bell and whistles that come with it.....nearly came unstuck while trying out
the Pro-Pilot on the motorway. I wanted to change lanes at 70mph and the car didn't!
I've sussed it out now and we're all good.
Jay.

QQ.jpg

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Welcome to the forum, Jay
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jay, welcome to the QQ Forum ! & Snap Nice decision on color had ours now for 20 months and still impressed - Enjoy Dave 😉

00174FBA-B3D3-40DF-9498-F56F17AB3540.jpeg

The Pro-Pilot can get a bit scary until you get used to it, just as you mentioned overtaking, blinking etc. It worth playing around with the settings without the wife or girlfriend, Steering does seem to over react trying to centralize lanes with Side ways Movement, Braking defintely works with the 3 settings and also the safety feature of the Steering Wheel “Hands On” , Warning, Alarm, Braking to stop does work. Overall if used correctly a “Nice to Have” System. I tried most of these features with our Sales Guy just to get used to the actions on a Demo Model before buying.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
fender6ix

Post by fender6ix »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:56 am Jay, welcome to the QQ Forum ! & Snap Nice decision on color had ours now for 20 months and still impressed - Enjoy Dave 😉
00174FBA-B3D3-40DF-9498-F56F17AB3540.jpeg

The Pro-Pilot can get a bit scary until you get used to it, just as you mentioned overtaking, blinking etc. It worth playing around with the settings without the wife or girlfriend, Steering does seem to over react trying to centralize lanes with Side ways Movement, Braking defintely works with the 3 settings and also the safety feature of the Steering Wheel “Hands On” , Warning, Alarm, Braking to stop does work. Overall if used correctly a “Nice to Have” System. I tried most of these features with our Sales Guy just to get used to the actions on a Demo Model before buying.
......I was on the way back from the dealership when I tried it (I'm a bloke, all buttons must be pressed to see what happens!), my wife didn't scream that much.
I did the totally unmanly thing and had a look at the manual when I got home. I had sussed on the drive that you have to indicate to let the car know what you are doing.
Also just found that it's got the auto-park doohickey......that should be fun to try!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome guys.

Jay
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jay, definitely this Parking option also works, we had this on our J11A model also, but if you want to give it a try do it in a quite road or car park, as for a first it can get embarrassing. In the J11B it has never been used as out here there are impatient drivers that will not wait as you süss the parking spot out, so then comes the Horns, the Fingers, the Shouts etc.....
I just use the Camera System and Press the “Camera” Button to zoom on the Kerbs to protect the Alloys, it might be worth checking what Tyres you have and whether they protrude over the Alloys as a Protection from Kerb damage- repairs are expensive. Whatever I think you will enjoy your QQ - Dave 🤗
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I'd have to say the Parking Assist took so long I didn't use it on mine. Much easier just to use the cameras.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
fender6ix

Post by fender6ix »

gloucester wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:10 pm
I'd have to say the Parking Assist took so long I didn't use it on mine. Much easier just to use the cameras.
I doubt I'll ever use it in anger, but I'll definitely have a play with it.