Hello from Norfolk UK.

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

QaiFan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:46 am At least you can claim you once drove an "American-looking" car.
Still looks nice to me personally !
Although the 2.0 l engine (I had the exact same underpowered engine in my 626 cars) was not really up to the task of handling such heavy vehicles (at least not to my liking that is).
But at least you could not blow(n) it up ... it was to lazy to allow for it.
My latest 1.8 Mazda 6 is/was even worse though ... that 1.8 126 BHP engine did not accelerate the -rather big and heavy- car at it should (even small 1.0 liter cars were quite a bit faster in acceleration).
But nevertheless ... the Mazda underpowered engines could last a lifetime ... something we can't (always) expect from those 1.2 l blown engines !
Didn't know its BHP..but still have its Handbook somewhere.

I had a Chevy Impala V8 circa 1979 in S. Arabia. A lazy V8 but a nice burbler. Fuel about 20p a gallon... :shock:

Although a Carb engine it did have electronic spark ignition which is something I installed in the Chevy earlier. I got rid of the Mazda in 1994 with 130k on the clock and did have a little Carb trouble which may have been fuel filter. The first non production problem it got. No A/C problem either.

Need those door bumpers back...

Like the Ford engines you could do about 5 rebores....likely pistons etc a problem now.

Sorry...went OT :oops:
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

OldLadyAndSon
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by OldLadyAndSon »

Thanks for the informative banter folks!
Sorry...went OT :oops:
No problem....I guess I started it with me moaning about all my CVT worries, when this is supposed to be an introductions thread! :lol:

Anyway, I've been reading/studying more about these CVT units, and so I don't needlessly fill up this thread with more stuff, I'll link to the other specific thread I started below:

2018 QQ 1.6 dCi Xtronic CVT fluid change?

OldLadyAndSon.
2018 Qashqai 1.6 dCi N-Connecta Xtronic