Quashquai wanmabe

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
CoreyStar
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by CoreyStar »

Hi all, I currently have a Megane but I'm tired of it being so unreliable and throwing it the weirdest of issues so I went to look for a Tiguan at the local Arnold Clarke but was taken back by the Quashquai I looked at instead.

It's a 2015 1.5 n-tec but the misses was put off by the blistering on the diamond cut alloys which I was assured happens to them all even after a refurb. Then today I was talking to a Qashqai owner who bought a 1.6 instead of a 1.5 because he heard that the valves start sticking in the 1.5 engine.

This hasn't put me off wanting an n-tec model but I'm here for some advice if this information is correct. I have used the search but I haven't found anything relating to this thus far and I thought it might be easier just to ask if there are issues I should be wary of.

Thanks chaps and chapettes 😊

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

I put 80000 miles on the 1.5 engine is an N-Connector - didn't miss a beat.
Not the most powerful or fuel efficient , but trouble free for me
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

The wheels issue - very common - replaced under warranty up to three years old but probably not afterwards.

The 1.5 diesel - I don't remember reading on here about valves sticking but two things to watch out for:

1. The 1.5 has a cambelt - needs changing at 72-90k miles/5 years. Check it's been done. The 1.6 has a camchain - needs changing at about 175k miles.

2. The 1.5 diesel at that age should be road tax free. The 1.6 won't be.

Also beware the emissions charging zones being introduced around Britain in major cities - a 2015 diesel is potentially Euro5b+ and hence won't be free in zones requiring diesels to be Euro 6. ('individual vehicles already on sale that were built by, and dispatched from, the manufacturer before 1st June 2015 can continue to be sold until 1st September 2016'. This in effect means that a car sold before 1st September 2016 may still have a Euro 5 engine. Check with the manufacturer to be certain.)

Catalogue attached.
201409 Nissan_Qashqai_UK.pdf
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I haven’t heard anything about valves sticking on any of the Nissan engines.
Mine was superb, although I only did 30,000-ish miles in it (over 30 months).
If I hadn’t made the choice to switch to an auto box, I’d have definitely had another.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
CoreyStar

Post by CoreyStar »

Thanks for the info it's very helpful, I've never done much research on a car before I've bought it before and that's how I got stuck with this megane. In my experience and the past cars I've had they're all generally reliable and some have what you might say 'normal' issues but this is my second Renault and both have been terrible experiences.

If these are the things I have to look out for then I'll have to buy a Qashqai, I loved it the moment I got in it and that's a rare thing for me, usually a car is a car (I drive trucks for a living)

Thanks again