POI's

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

Maybe I'm wrong, gloucester...I was under the impression that the speed cameras were no longer available on the Connect 3 system after a certain date, but I couldn't tell you what the date was, but I'm sure I read it on here.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Pretty sure my previous QQ did not have speed camera information/warnings
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Weasel wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:50 pm Maybe I'm wrong, gloucester...I was under the impression that the speed cameras were no longer available on the Connect 3 system after a certain date, but I couldn't tell you what the date was, but I'm sure I read it on here.
The Connecta 3 ICE unit (2017 - as mine) has an upload function for POI's for both Speed Cams and your own POI file. If you insert a USB stick with a .csv file aboard (and yer mp3s etc), turn the ICE on and you will get an instant recognition by the ICE of a .csv file present that you may like to "download". That will either install the below file types to ICE memory or overwrite whats there. You can do similar in the ICE menus referring to POI's..

USB File Structure is:
Drive/myPOIwarnings/ *.csv
Drive/myPOIs.csv

* is any name you wish e.g Fred. Speedcam, whatever. As long as the file type is .csv from either MS Excel or Libre Office. The latter is free and also free of so much Microsoft b*llox and cost (rental now)

The dealer/factory does not install this stuff except in one instance that appears to arrive along with the firmware perhaps. There is a file stuck in the Connecta memory. I'll get a pic of it and add here later. It is not deletable and appears to do nothing. If it were anything it may have been an earlier effort by Nissan to provide POIs etc? So thats about 2016/17 when they touted NissanConnect...then didn't do it and withdrew recently. I signed up to it...something that was dead already.

Many use Waze now, only thats not for speedcams AFAIK https://www.waze.com/en-GB/

I believe pocketgpsworld have a mob phone App for their speedcam database. So, Android/Carplay ICE boxes might use that?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

calnorth wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:33 am
I suspect the Speed Cam alarms you get are about 1 year out of date now. So you may suffer both false and non alarms?
You were correct on this matter, Colin...while out this morning the Connect system failed to recognise one of the newly installed speed cameras I went past, it picked up 3 of the more long standing ones that are in the area.

Think I might just stick with the TomTom Amigo app on my phone, as that recognises all but the mobile ones.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Weasel wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:37 pm
calnorth wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:33 am
I suspect the Speed Cam alarms you get are about 1 year out of date now. So you may suffer both false and non alarms?
You were correct on this matter, Colin...while out this morning the Connect system failed to recognise one of the newly installed speed cameras I went past, it picked up 3 of the more long standing ones that are in the area.

Think I might just stick with the TomTom Amigo app on my phone, as that recognises all but the mobile ones.

yes...users of pocketgpsworld would've updated the database (db) or stuck the co-ordinates in the db they have now. Whats the Lat/Long of the camera you saw...from Google Map. I'll look for it on my latest db's

The Android/iPhone version is here: CamerAlert and is included in the pocketgpsworld subscription for 3 devices I think?

http://www.cameralert.com/manual/?os=android

I've just downloaded it from Play store and loaded up the latest db...works ok. I can see tricky mobiles close to me which are always a worry. Just need to drive around with it a bit.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
getleverage

Post by getleverage »

Hi,

Just got me a Nissan Qashqai Dig-T 1.6 N-Connecta 2018 and setting up the Nav system. Everything seems to work just fine besides the alert for radars. I have turned on everything under my POIs and it still doesnt work.
Do I have download anything else or it comes pre installed.
Please advise.
Thanks
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

getleverage wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:43 am Hi,

Just got me a Nissan Qashqai Dig-T 1.6 N-Connecta 2018 and setting up the Nav system. Everything seems to work just fine besides the alert for radars. I have turned on everything under my POIs and it still doesnt work.
Do I have download anything else or it comes pre installed.
Please advise.
Thanks
Yep...you need to load POI map data. Search for POI on this forum
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
getleverage

Post by getleverage »

will do just that now. Thanks
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

getleverage wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:27 pm will do just that now. Thanks
Think I might of misread your post. POI map data (Lat/Long) has to be loaded.

Did you expect something particular for radar operation? First read the manual about that
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta