2018 QQ - AirCon / Climate Control - Warm Air at 16'c

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
RickT
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by RickT »

2018 QQ - AirCon - Warm Air at 16'c

Hello,

Anyone experienced warm air blowing out of the heating system when the aircon is seat to 16;c with auto enabled and AC enabled ?

Today while on a 50 mile drive, i found the cabin too warm even with it set to 16;c in Auto.. The air was lukewarm and at a guess felt like 21'c of above air flow.

If the system is changed to LO (both sides) - and with the fan speed at full or manually changed to speed 3, the air is ICE cold as you would expect, (ie 0 like you would expect 16'c to be..)

Anyone experienced this ?

Thanks
2018 Nissan Qashqai - 1.2 n Connecta + Pano Roof

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Perfectly normal. On auto it is set to regulate the internal ambient temperature to whatever you have set, not just pump out air at that temperature.
The temperature has been really cold recently so the car will circulate warm air until the ambient temperature is maintained.
RickT
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by RickT »

gvmdaddy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 pm Perfectly normal. On auto it is set to regulate the internal ambient temperature to whatever you have set, not just pump out air at that temperature.
The temperature has been really cold recently so the car will circulate warm air until the ambient temperature is maintained.
Thanks.. I will add more info...

The car should not be circulating warm air when the climate is set to 16'c still after 20 mins or so, with a cabin internal temp of say mid 20's, you should not still be feeling the heat still pumped into the cabin when the climate is set at 16'c. (And not the case in any car I have owned in the last 10 years )

The cabin temp shpuld be reduced to 16'c in minutes more so with the cold 2'c outside temp.

Even when auto was disabled and the temp set, the air it was blowing out at present 16'c was warmer than expected..

Also, I understand how the system should work, with a outside temp at 2'c, and the air con set to 16'c, the occupants should not feel like they are are in an oven ( ie no coats on or anything.) .

I'm going to try and ger hold of a infrared temp gauge today from the garage and do some testing.

Thanks
2018 Nissan Qashqai - 1.2 n Connecta + Pano Roof
Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

I have this problem from time to time. Settings at 16'c , but not set on auto, and the cabin becomes uncomfortably hot. The Nissan dealer said I had settings wrong, and should just engage auto. My solution is to open a window for a minute or so and cool the cabin. Not ideal I know, but I think it is a fault in some sensor that Nissan can't find or bother replacing. As it only happens occasionally it seems no big deal and I have not bothered mentioning it when car goes for service since.

2014 Nissan Qashqai --J11--1.5dci
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
Birand

Post by Birand »

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue. The only time cold air comes out is when I have it on low, if I turn it up with one degrees it's lukewarm.
The dealership told me that this is a common issue with Nissan Qasqhai (not sure which models)

I will bring it to the shop and they will change some settings so cold will be colder and hot be hotter. Not sure how that works either but maybe some of you have the same issue too
-Birand

Tekna / Designpack 1.6 - 163HP 2018
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The Heat/Aircon system is not exactly trivial. A number of sensors and electronic (logic) control. Diagnostics is fairly lengthy and needs to incrementally step through all functions. There should be error codes (DTCs) registered which is likely helpful?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

RickT wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:13 am
Thanks.. I will add more info...

The car should not be circulating warm air when the climate is set to 16'c still after 20 mins or so, with a cabin internal temp of say mid 20's, you should not still be feeling the heat still pumped into the cabin when the climate is set at 16'c. (And not the case in any car I have owned in the last 10 years )

The cabin temp should be reduced to 16'c in minutes more so with the cold 2'c outside temp.

Even when auto was disabled and the temp set, the air it was blowing out at present 16'c was warmer than expected..

Also, I understand how the system should work, with a outside temp at 2'c, and the air con set to 16'c, the occupants should not feel like they are are in an oven ( ie no coats on or anything.) .

I'm going to try and ger hold of a infrared temp gauge today from the garage and do some testing.

Thanks
But if the temperature outside is 2C, at 16C you will be heating the cabin so would expect some warm air out. May I suggest using a temperature gauge inside the car to test the actual temperature of the car and not rely on what the climate control says. Infrared gauges are ok but will only give a temperature where the probe is set
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Birand wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:59 pm Hi everyone,

I have the same issue. The only time cold air comes out is when I have it on low, if I turn it up with one degrees it's lukewarm.
The dealership told me that this is a common issue with Nissan Qasqhai (not sure which models)

I will bring it to the shop and they will change some settings so cold will be colder and hot be hotter. Not sure how that works either but maybe some of you have the same issue too
As has been said, when a car is fitted with climate control the temperature that comes out of the vents is NOT the temperature shown on the display. The latter is the desired temperature so if it's 2degC outside and 4deg inside it'll initially come out as warm air since it's trying to heat the cabin up. Then if the sun comes out and the external temperature shoots up to 25deg (unrealistic I know) the air coming out of the vent will drop to, say, 10degC since it's then trying to cool the car.

So your car might be perfectly fine as it is.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
perti16

Post by perti16 »

Not the ideal season to solve this but anyway:
I have this same problem. When the outside temperature is below 5c, the car just wouldn't blow any cooler than HOT when the temperature is set to 16c or above. Imagine that it is just below 0c and you have very warm jacket because the car isn't preheated. Driving 5 minutes and the car isn't freezed anymore. Driving additional 5 minutes and you start to sweat as the temperature will rise well above 20c. You take the jacket off but the climate is suddenly summer and any other than tshirt is too much.

When the aircon is set to LO, the cold air starts to flow.
The aircon outputs cold air if the outside temperature is 5c or above (or something around that).

I don't remember this being an issue for the first 6 years but now it has been for the few winters.
There must be some kind of problem as there aren't any with the ALL the other brand cars.
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

You had the air-con re-gassed at all ?